Swim
  • 53m 07s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • -----

1x300
1x200 pull
12x50 on 15 RI
10x100 on the 2:15 (1:30/1:29/1:29/1:29/1:29/1:30/1:29/1:31/1:30/1:31)
1x300
1x100 pull

Up early and back to the pool finally.  Either I am getting faster or the missed workouts this week have made me stronger, but that is the fastest I have done a 100 set, especially to maintain that speed for all of them.  Yeah me!

Nothing else on the sked today except work.  Long workouts again this weekend!  Should be another fun weekend!

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.34 miles
  • 17.87 Mi/hr

CT ride with 5x5 min seated hills @ 55-60 RPMs

Ride wnet well and no pain in the leg...maybe it is just a running thing, but better yet, maybe it is getting better.  Hope so.  Tomorrow is a swim morning, so another day off of the leg.

Taking the morning off from work to drive over to my hometown to do the early voting.  Feels good not to have to do the absentee voting this year....not to mention being able to scam out of work to do so.  Lunch with Mom, the back to work for the afternoon.  CT ride later tonight.

Happy Thursday BT!!!

Run
  • 22m 51s
  • 2.37 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

Tried to run easy, but still could feel the discomfort in the flexor (??) on top of my right foot, so I shut it down not wanting to chance further injury.  Normally I would run through something with this level of pain, but I am damn scared about getting injured and missing some training....this is getting to be crunch time for IMFL, so I really don't want to miss any key workouts.  I may be a bit paranoid, but since I have a bike tomorrow and a swim on Friday, I am going to let it rest and hopefully it will be better for my long run on Saturday.

Leg aches are still there, so I will wait till after work to see how I feel.  I may play it safe and makeup that swim from yesterday and drop the run for today.  Guess we will see in about 10-12 hours.

• Health data: RHR: 54
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.01 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Took Champ out for the first 1.5, then did another loop alone.

oh yeah...the 305 arrived!!!

Still felt pretty good this morning, not as tired as I thought I would be, but I do have two different aches in my legs that somewhat worried me this morning.  One is a ligament in the outside back of my left knee and the other is muscle pain at my ankle on the front of the right leg.  Neither are to the point that I am worried about an injury, but just enough discomfort for me to take it easy today(and maybe another day or two) to let it rest up before the long workouts this weekend.  So I ditched the swim this morning and just did an easy run tonight instead of the scheduled hill repeats.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  

And today is a much needed off day!  I am not sore from the weekend's workout, but I am tired and can feel it deep into my legs.   Hopefully, I will feel better tomorrow, 'cuz I am right back at it with two workouts.

And no, the "planned" graph is not correct.  I should recieve the rest of my workouts for this week once Fish gets back from IMLP. 

Bike
  • 4h 19m 43s
  • 70.00 miles
  • 16.17 Mi/hr

I was only supposed to go out for 4 hours, but I misjudged the hills on the route that I didn't know about. Therefore the pace was slower and the time was longer.

Run
  • 25m
  • 2.78 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi

1st mile: 8:53
2nd mile: 9:01
3rd (.78): 9:04 pace

Yes, that avg pace does have an 8 in the front!!! Now how is it that I run faster off the bike than I do normally? And after a 4+ hour bike ride too.

Great ride today, felt good throughout the ride even with riding on every hill in the western part of this state.  Who knew we had hills out here...I didn't.  Hope the coach isn't too upset that I went over my scheduled time.  And then to have a run like I did off the bike....yeah, I am pleased!!!  :)

Came back and had a quicke ice bath, then a nice warm shower to get cleaned up.  Now it is time for lunch and a nap.  See you peeps in a couple of hours!

Week in Review:
Time:  11+43
Swim:  4200 yds
Bike:  111.8 miles
Run:  18.6 miles

Longest week to date and after a race weekend.  The body took a while to recover from the race, which I think was more heat related, so I ended up canceling a workout earlier in the week, so still not perfect, but I will take it after a race PR the earlier week...and the longest ride in over a year.  Still a long ways to go and only 3 months to get there...but the body is adapting much better than I ever would have expected.  I knew I could adapt to the longer distances, but never would have guessed that it would come with faster times too.

Run
  • 2h 00m
  • 11.14 miles
  • 10m 46s /Mi

Easy 2 hour run as per the schedule. Fish has taken me off the distances for my long runs and has put me on a time per run schedule.

Swim
  • 56m
  • 2700.00 yards
  • -----

1x300 free
1x50 kick
1x300 pull
1x50 kick
8x200 on 15 sec RI (3:19/3:25/3:24/3:27/3:26/3:24/3:23/3:24)
1x50 kick
1x300 drill
1x50 kick

Good swim...I thought I would be dead after the run (not that the run was difficult) but that wasn't the case. Had lots of energy. The Chic-fil-A lunch may have helped!

Second workout done!  Nice swim...actually not a bad day.  2+56 for the day and I have a 4+25 scheduled for tomorrow!!!  I think Monday will be the funeral!  ;)
First workout is done, now I will watch the end of the TDF time trials then I will get the swim in after lunch.  Busy day...actually weekend...of workouts!  Gonna be fun.  Luckily we have had a a break in the brutal temps...should be nice for some long workouts.  The morning run was great; about 78 degrees and overcast.

Cavu9's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals