• 45m
  • 13.68 miles
  • 18.24 Mi/hr

Z2 ride on the Computrainer.

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.50 miles
  • -----

15 min transition run after CT ride and with Champ!

Estimated distance as Champ was in a hurry and I forgot to grab the Garmin.

Atleast I got the second half of the day's workouts completed.
Slept through the alarm this morning, so no swim.  I still have a 45/15 brick later today, so I will knock that out after work.  Have to swim tomorrow...have to swim tomorrow....have to swim.....

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.04 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Easy run after the morning PT. I will do the second 30 minutes after work.

Strength
  • 15m

Strength/stretch/core

Normal wednesday routine.  Early morning PT before work, then a short run.  The time only allows for a 30 min run, so I have to split my scheduled run into two parts.  Nice run this morning in the rain.

Bike
  • 3h 07m 09s
  • 51.00 miles
  • 16.35 Mi/hr

Z2 ride with the triathlon team (and others).

Got caught up in the excitement of riding in the peloton and wasn't watching my HR. On the way back, I let them drop me and I decided to train at Z2 even though I was all alone. Good ride...a couple of wrong turns on the way back, but overall I only went 1 mile longer than what I had planned.

Good ride with a different group of riders.  Enjoyable day with a few good laughs.  One poor guy had 4 flats.  Well actually two (one back/one front) but he had to change the back one three times.  Once for the original flat, the second for not checking the tire (lesson learned), the third for a bad tube, then within two miles the front flatted.  Needless to say there was much humor at his expense...then again, that just means I will be the next to flat.  Paybacks are a bitch.

Nothing else left on the sked for today.  Just gonna relax and continue eating bad for one more day.  Happy 4th everyone!!!

No swim today.  The pool had some sort of F-ing kids day going on so there was no room for laps.  :(  Thought about trading out for a run today, but decided that I need both swims this week with the race coming up on the 16th, so I am trading today for Friday's off day and I will swim Friday morning before work.  So all is good!  No harm no foul!

Finally able to sleep in for a change.  OK, only able to sleep till 0700, but that is another 1.5-2 hours more than norm, so I will take it!!!  Got a few errands to run this morning, then I will get to the pool this afternoon for the swim.

Bike
  • 2h 42m 05s
  • 42.50 miles
  • 15.73 Mi/hr

Another Z2 ride and this time I stayed to plan and just watched the HR, actually I didn't watch it like I should and was much lower than I needed to be (140) but we had a couple of riders that hadn't been out in a few weeks and I just stayed with the group. It is all about Time In the Saddle (TITS) right???

Goal HR was sub 140 and as you can see, I was well below that pace...the max did get higher than I wanted, but sub LT (157) on the hills.

Run
  • 15m
  • 1.57 miles
  • 09m 33s /Mi

Quick transition run after the ride.

Good ride with the ladies...(FrankAmato left me hanging!!!).... easy ride then Damie and I did a short transition run then went to Waffle House for some carbo loading post-workout!

The ride was slower than I wanted, but it was very enjoyable and again, I kept with the back-down theme!  Lots o'hills too.  Nice leg workout!

Gonna catch the end of today's TDF then just relax until it cools off enough to do the required yardwork that I have been slacking on.

Week in Review:
Time:  7+00
Swim:  3000 yds
Bike:  58.35 miles
Run:  15 miles

Had a back-down planned, but when logging in to the "planned" calendar for the week, I decided that I really didn't need to back down this week.  Guess the mind & body knew better and decided that the back-down was very much needed.  I am glad that I did it, my body feels well rested and ready to kick it up for a week, then push towards the race week, then back to building on time & mileage thru the end of the month.  Looking forward to seeing what July brings...it is my favorite month...like that is a big surprise since it is my birthday month.  :) But this should be a key month in the IM training building....

Run
  • 1h 12m 18s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 10m 20s /Mi

8:2 run/walk

Decided to keep with the back-down theme of the week (I really don't know why I scheduled an 11 mile run) and decided to keep the run mileage down and get some rest this week.  Decided 5.5 would be a good number to do, but then got home and decided that I hadn't taken Champ for a run in a few days....so I took him for a 1.5 jog around the neighborhood...a new PB for him on distance!!!!

OK here are the golas for the month of July:

1.  Eat to fuel the body, not quantity, but quality.  Count carbs/protein/fat/water intake!  (After the 4th of course! :) )
2.  Execute the workouts as they are prescribed.  if it says intervals, do intervals, if it says Z2 then go Z2...no more going by feel.
3.  2+45 @ Chattanooga OLY on 7/16.
4.  Weights/core 2x a week minimum, minimum of 1+00.
5.  Goal weight by EOM = 180. 

Just finished watching the clips of the IMCDA BT finishers again on iromanlive.com....that is some real motivation right there!!!

Here are were the goals for the month of June:

1. Only one off day each week! As per the sked.  Yep!  Made it right up till today!  Taking today off too.  This is supposed to be a back-down week, so bite me!
  2. Strength/core training 2x/week ~ 1+00 minimum/week Nope, didn't make this one either.  Got behind until I bought the weights for home....doing better!

3. Lose 5 pounds (starting at 188)  Nope, didn't make it here either...hovering around the 185-6 mark, but I have lost inches.  quite a few actually... as my clothes are getting very loose!  I will take that right now, but I still want to be lighter for race day!
  4. Stay at or below Z2 on all workouts.  Nope!  I had some fun runs that I pushed the pace and intentionally left the HR monitor at home....got to do better on this!
  5. Meet all "weekly total training hours" (9, 10, 11, 12 respectively).  Nope, but did go 7, 7.5, 9, 11, which were a great improvement over where I had been.

Bike:  increase in 178 miles!!!
Run:  increase in 25 miles
Swim:  decrease in 640 yds
Strength:  increase in 10 mins.
Time:  increase in 16 hours!!!

So how do you not make a single goal for the month, but still call it a good month?  Don't know, but that is exactly what I am doing.  I am very pleased with the results in mileage and time for this month, definitely a good foundation for my upcoming months of training for IRONMAN Florida.  Still leaves a lot of room for improvement too.  Now I just need to decide what my goals for next month are going to be....some of these will be there, I know I need a nutrition one, anyone else want to throw some out for me??? Go ahead....

No LT test today either.  The legs are still a bit fried from the bike LT on wednesday and I don't want to trash them anymore before my 11 miler tomorrow.  I will do the run LT next week, probably on Wednesday.  I will do some active rest tonight on the CT and do my 100+ RPMs Z1 ride for an hour.

TGIF & TGIAFDW (Thank goodness it's a four-day weekend!!!)  Nothing on the sked for the four days except training and enjoying the time off.

Cavu9's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals