Run
  • 50m
  • 5.00 miles
  • -----

4 x 1 mile repeats with 90 sec RI at 30 secs faster than projected race pace.

Lets just say I was faster than I expected.

1. 8:45
2. 8:23
3. 8:22
4. 8:17

Probably should have been running at 9 min/mile. Oh well, I felt good through all 4 and didn't have to push hard to finish.

Strength
  • 20m

Strength/Stretch/Core

Run completed and with better than expected results.

Walked a mile with Champ after workout.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.83 miles
  • 16.83 Mi/hr

Back at it today.  I think my coach has me doing a 1+15 on the CT tonight.  Guess I better check to see if that is right.  Nope, it was only a 1+00.  Good thing, cuz I wasn't in the mood to go any longer.

• Health data: RHR: 52

Up earlier than I wanted, but Champ really wanted to go for a walk...so he won that battle.  It is the least I can do for sticking him out in the hot sun for most of yesterday while I was out training.

Off day today, baby!!!

Bike
  • 4h 07m 22s
  • 66.90 miles
  • 16.23 Mi/hr

Good overall ride on a hilly course and a hot day!

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • -----

500 free
500 pull
500 free

recovery swim

Really didn't want to get out there this morning and I thought I had an excuse as it got to 0600 and no one had shown.  I decided to give them till 0610 and then I was headed home, even though the CT didn't sound like much more fun, but going back to bed did!  About two minutes later, Damie showed.  This girl is tiny, but a damn good athlete.  Her longest ride to date was 46, but she was trooper and wanted to go the 4 hours so that I could get my scheduled time in.  She hung with me the whole way, actually pushing the pace at times.  This course is a hilly ride.  Nothing too steep, but constant rollers the entire ride.  I would bet that there isn't more than about 4 spots that have more than 2+ miles of flats.  Again, nothing too major, but very taxing.  Couple that with stopping at intersections...causes the overall mph to be low.  Not good for the ego, but I know this course is going to make me able to blow through the flat IMFL course much easier.  Nutrition was spot on, though the heat took many more fluids out of me than needed.  Hydration needed to be much more, but I didn't have anymore room on the bike for bottles...I had all I could carry on the bike (3 bottles + aero bottle) and another bottle of water in my jersey pockets.  Note to self...find a store somewhere on the route!

Ride done, now for lunch and then back to the pool!  Then it is nap time baby!!!

Starting weight (7/31):  187.5
Week #1 avg weight:  185.4
Week #2 avg weight:  184.2
Net loss (this week):       1.2

Net loss (2 weeks):       - 3.3
Goal:  170

Week in Review:  
Time:  12+15
Swim:  4500 yds
Bike:  115.4 miles
Run:  19 miles
Weights:  0+30

Longest week to date....and 8 hours of it was just yesterday and today (3.5/4.5).  I am tired to say the least and I am looking forward to the off day tomorrow!  Whoo Hoo!!!

Run
  • 2h 30m
  • 13.81 miles
  • 10m 52s /Mi

EZ 8:2 run

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 3000.00 yards
  • -----

4x200 free/pull/free/pull
3x500 free/pull/free
8x50 on the 1 minute
1x300 pull

You know how when you have those days when the stroke just doesn't feel right, but you still put up some good dwim times???

Well this wasn't it! I didn't really feel tired from the run, but I had no rhythm and I was slow as crap! Oh well...3 hours and 30 mins of workouts for the day! Whoo Hoo!

Morning run done, still have a swim to do later.  Done!

Now I am starving...and I am going to eat!  Damn a diet, I am hungry.  Got to fuel for tomorrow's long day.

*and yes Dale, the weight is up .6 lbs, but I expected that, I had to eat good yesterday to pre-load calories for the long weekend of training.  Nice ride you got in, now knowing you, you will be starving all day...and eating all day...good luck with that!  ;)

Bike
  • 30m
  • 8.17 miles
  • 16.34 Mi/hr

Easy spin, high cadence on the CT to loosen the legs for tomorrow's run.

Today was scheduled to be an off day, but I need to mak up a little bit from yesterday.  I still have a heavy schedule this weekend, so I will probably do an easy spin on the CT to loosen the legs before tomorrow's run. 

Couldn't get out this morning as it is raining and has been all night.  Can't complain here as we have desperately needed this rain.  Supposed to rain on & off all day today.  Hooray beer rain!!!

Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 17.79 miles
  • 16.94 Mi/hr

Well  the workout didn't go as planned.  Got in just over an hour and a huge storm came up...lost power for a few minutes which cut off the Computrainer.  Decided that it was best not to chance it again.  Now I am not able to get in my run either due to the weather.  Tomorrow was supposed to be another off day, guess I will have to throw in a little make-up session to get the lost time.

Just the norm for work today, but I do have a good bit of working out to do later tonight. 

The weight is down, but that is due to the late run last night...or could have been the beer....yeah the beer...maybe I should drink more of them to keep losing the weight, right? 

Had a good afternoon with Champ as we took off in the Jeep after I got home from work.  The temp was about 103, so it was quite warm for both of us.  Took him to a nearby pond so he could run & play in the water.  Jeep & water.....damn this dog has it good!

Cavu9's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals