Run
  • 50m
  • 5.20 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

Had to split the run up as work was calling. I will make up the other bit of it tonight...to include the hill repeats that Fish has me doing!

Strength
  • 30m

StrengthStretch/Core

Second half of the run completed.  I waited till 8pm and it was still 96 degrees outside.  Not F-ing fair!  Did the 6 hill repeats in with the run.  Good speed throughout...actually faster than this mornings run on the flats.

Weight back up a few tenths, but that is expected after I sat around for a couple of days and then had a good leg workout last night on the CT.  Got a good run today and a ride/run scheduled for tomorrow, so that and some good eating will have me back down headed in the direction that I need.

Dale, how'd that pizza and beer do you???  Haven't seen you post any weights since then....afraid to get on the scale...or just to post your weight?  Then again, that starvation/hunger strike you went on on Monday may have you sub-180.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.57 miles
  • 18.06 Mi/hr

75 min CT ride with 4x6min "stong" intervals.
(#1 & #2 @ 140+ watts; #3 & #4 @ 150+ watts)

Average watts: 147
Average RPMs: 100

Great workout on the Computrainer.  Guess I got my legs back from the weekend...definitely didn't have them for the Sunday CT ride.  Decided to push the overall effort on these CT rides...I have been just "spinning" during normal CT workouts (when not doing coached intervals), so I decided to push the pace, effort, & watts to meet the Z2 threshold.  Pretty happy with this ride...one of the best CT rides to date.

Home for lunch...Nothing new to report today...work, blah, blah, blah......then i will come home, blah, blah, blah....then a workout....yeah, yeah, yeah....then bedtime....

So what is new in everone else's world???

• Health data: RHR: 57

Yep, just as I expected, the weight is back up from Sunday's dehydrated weigh-in.  However, I am feeling the heaviness and tightness of my legs today as a result of the bike ride yesterday, so maybe there will be another drop tomorrow.  However with today's weigh-in I am at 2.9 lbs for the week, so I am just under the 3 lbs rule....whoo hoo!!!  Dale should be somewhere about the same...looks like this is going to go down to the wire!

Today is a scheduled off day, but I will get in a good bit of exercise as it is going to be a good day to get all of my yardwork done!

Happy Monday peeps!

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 50.40 miles
  • 16.80 Mi/hr

Got to the pool to find it closed.  It was scheduled to close M-F this week, but guess they decided to close it a day earlier.

None of my group could make it today, so I decided to ride the CT instead.  Could only mentally handle 3 hours.  Watched a couple of the IM DVDs to pass the time and get some much needed motivation.  Now it is time for lunch!

Week in Review:
Time:  8+30
Swim:  2600 yds
Bike:  68.12 miles
Run:  16.25 miles
Weights:  0+45

Not a great week, but since I am coming off a cold last weekend, my coach gave me two off days this week and cut the workouts some to try to let me get better, which is about the only thing that went right this week.  I feel much better, just not happy with the workouts this week.  Well, I guess the other thing that is going good is my bet with Dale....by the scale this morning, I am down 4.9 pounds in one week.  The caveat to that is that I am sure it has a lot to do with me being dehydrated from yesterday's long day in the sun.  Tomorrow will be a better measure of the weight loss.  Not to mention that we put guidelines on the "bet" to ensure that we go about this the healthy way...and the big rule is no more than an average of 3 lbs loss each week.  I am sure I will be a pound or two heavier tomorrow, so I may be right at 3lbs for the week.

Starting weight (7/31):  187.5
Net loss (1 week):  - 4.9
Goal:  170

Run
  • 2h 15m
  • 12.43 miles
  • 10m 52s /Mi

8:2 run/walk

Sport
  • Golf
  • 4h 00m

Got my early morning run out of the way in order to beat the heat, then went and spent the day in the sun playing golf.  Not too bright am I, but it was fun!  First round of golf in damn near 9 months.   That has been the one thing that I have been missing since I started all this training.

Just looked at the results of the Steelhead 70.3.........My coach WON!!!  Way to go Fish!!!

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • -----

1x500
8x50
4x300 pull/free/pull/free
4x75
1x200

Swim done! 

TGIF!!!

OK Comet (and others), I have loaded in a few more pics of Champ.  Better tell Aaron to enjoy the little one while he can...they grow up fast!!!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=2136&useralbum=3283

I have a swim on the sked for after work today.

I have a swim on the sked for after work today.

I have a swim on the sked for after work today.  Swim is still on the sked for today, but I am moving it to tomorrow and using tomorrow's off day today.  Decided that playing with Champ would be more fun!

• Health data: RHR: 54

Cavu9's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • April's totals