Well it is Friday, so that means I don't have to run and I can have a beer, right?   Better say yes, cuz I am already about 10 minutes into the no running but drinking mentality!
Run
  • 19m 16s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

1833:  OK, folks the recovery is officially over with.  How do I know???  Because I am now seconds away from having my first Guinness since my hospital stint.  Been saving it just for this moment.  I think it is time.  No more whinning about be sick now....the recovery is complete.  Ahhhhhhhh........

1810:  Just a short run with Champ (actually his longest), but things are beginning to feel much better with my running and my health.  Then again, the weather turned cooler today and running in 65 degree temps may have had a bit to do with it as well.

Warning...you may need shades to view my calendar!!!  Damn bright with all that yellow!

And a note to all those reading my posts tonight that may venture over here to see who the hell I am or to see what I am so pissed about tonight.  Let me say that I am not in a bad mood, I am actually in a very sarcastic mood (some of the posts), so don't get too wrapped up about it.  Then again, I have no BT at work and have been forced to read Slowtwitch threads all day.....that may be more to do with it than anyhting.

Actually, I am a Bear wanna-be and I am just starting my training season.

Not gonna do a damn thing tonight.  Don't blame me, you can blame Cindy, she is the one that brought up the wine and cooking idea (or at least wrote about it in her blog that I read).  Gotta love a smart woman like that. 
Yes, today is Wednesday and I have absolutely no friggin clue as what I am going to do today.  Maybe another run?  Maybe a CT ride?  Maybe some weights?  Maybe nothng?  Gotta love not having a schedule to follow.

Ahh hell, let's try a weight workout today...or maybe a bike....who knows.  Opted for the walk with the dog instead.

Run
  • 19m 44s
  • 2.00 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

First mile with Champ and the second one alone.

Damn this hurt...no dizziness, but definitely not a good feeling in the lungs. Guess this "comeback" is going to be much slower than I expected.

Oh yeah...forgot to add that the G8R's are coming to Tennessee this weekend.  But, not only are they coming towards the Memphis area, they are headed to my small hometown for a wedding.  Small world huh?  At first I was worried that they would not be able to handle the mecca that is Lane's hometown, but then I remembered that they are from the metropolis that is Plant City, so I think the culture shock will be minimal.  ;)
Ok, I have seen 175...it has taken me a while to get my weight up since the hospital stay, but it is now time to get it back down.

The 20-year reunion this weekend was a great time.  It was alot of fun seeing friends that I have lost touch with through the years.  Very low-key Friday night tailgate before the high school game with just the classmates (no spouses), then Saturday night was the formal night in downtown Memphis on Beale Street.  Both were very late nights, so I am dragging a bit today.  And for the record, I was on my best behavior...I didn't play any games with the "single again" girls...however I did get picked up on my a couple of 25 year olds as I stopped in for a drink or two at my favorite bar on the way to the reunion...but that is a different story. 
Now, I guess since I was able to go out and damage my body with late hours and numerous alcoholic beverages, I have no excuse for not getting some exercise.  So tonight, I will hopefully get back into the workout regime by doing a run after work.  This week is all me, then Fish and I start back up next week.

Cavu9's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals