Sport
  • Golf
  • 2h 00m
Worked a half of a day again, then everyone was going out to play golf since it is my Commanding Officer's last day....only made it through 9 holes and it wasn't pretty, but it was fun to be out there.  Never been so winded playing golf in my life, but it kicked my butt.  Still not a bad way to spend the Friday and it was a chance to get a different color square than those damn red ones!

Back at home after a half-day and now it is nap time!  :)  Boy, am I a wuss!  Oh well, not much more energy to do anything else.  Rest heals the body right?  Gonna do some good healing then!

Day #2 of the "back to work" plan. 

• Health data: Sick: 1
Only made it for half the day, but I guess that is better than nothing.  Actually, it is all that I really expected to do.  Will try the same again tomorrow.  Maybe by Monday, I will be back at full speed.
Lane is going to work today!!!  Don't know how long I am going to stay, but I am going to give it a go. 

• Health data: Sick: 2
OK, I ventured out of the house for the first time in weeks....wow, was that fun.  Driving seemed a bit awkward and sunlight is a good thing!!!  But damn did I need the shades...the eyes are a bit sensitive from all the indoor time.  So what did I do???  I went out for a fatburger!!!  Figured, I have been eating cookies, ice cream, fried chicken, bacon, etc for weeks and still can't gain weight, so why not go for a fatburger from McDonald's???  Gotta love it.  better enjoy it while I can, I am sure the weight gain is right around the corner....Note to self:  need to start eating better!
Feeling much better, but still at home and getting more bored by the second. Sorry, but I am not a big Oprah fan, so sitting on the couch watching tv is getting the best of me.  I want out!  I need to get my arse outside.  It is really bad when you start wishing that you could go to work!  Damn, I must be sick!

Still not gaining weight like I want, still have got the damn rash on my leg and still not back to 100% (or 90%), but I do feel like I am getting better.  This is definitely testing my patience, but I figure that anything that scares the shibit out of me like this did can be allowed a bit more patience on my part.  I want to lift, I want to ride the CT...can't say that I really want to run yet ;) ....but I am getting there.  Now I just get to wait for the disappointment of some shitty workouts that will be forthcoming since I am so weak.  I was slow to begin with...now this! Oh well, guess it is back to low Z1-2 efforts for a few months.  Whatcha gonna do....guess I should be thankful that I am going to get the chance to get back out there! 

Finally have eaten consistentely for two days in a row.  Strength is still low, but is getting better.  Don't have to lay on the couch all day to survive.  Things are looking up, it is just going to take longer than I want or that I may have patience for, but I will keep listening to my body....can't do much else at this point.

At least I had a good day of football watching my beloved VOLS pull the upset yesterday. 

• Health data: Sick: 3

Sorry folks, not feeling real creative today.  Not much going on.  Stayed off the scale today for mental health.  Not much on the plan for today other than footballl, football, and a bit more football.  Well, a boy has to recover right?

Feeling better each day, but still a bit weak.  Dazed & Confused is pretty much the summary of my past week and my mental state right now, but I am getting better.  Thanks again for all the notes, inspires, letters, call, and care packages!  I couldn't do it without you guys.

• Health data: Sick: 3

Cavu9's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • April's totals