Still raining here...anyone have those blueprints on how to build the ark?

This is supposed to be an off day, but I think I am going to go to the pool today for a short swim and to make up some of what I missed last Thursday.  Yeah, this just ain't happening.  I am more spent that I thought from the 4 hour trainer ride yesterday and this week is already a scheduled 14:10, so I don't think the coach would like me adding another hour to it.

Bike
  • 4h 00m
  • 68.44 miles
  • 17.11 Mi/hr

IMAZ course Z2 ride....yes, on the Computrainer!

Decided to stay sub-130 HR on first lap, then build to top of Z2 (140) on the second lap.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.23 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

T-run in the F-ing rain after my CT ride.

T.I.T.S. (time in the saddle)

and I am talking HUGE F-ing T.I.T.S. !!!!

Weather didn't allow for an outside ride so I had to do my scheduled 4 hour ride on the Computrainer.  That is definitely the longest I have ever been on that thing and hopefully, I won't have to do that again!  But with IMAZ rapidly approaching, I had no choice.  However, I was not going to do the T-run on the treadmill...I needed to get out of that room.  Ventured out in the rain again for the run.

Run
  • 2h 00m
  • 11.02 miles
  • 10m 53s /Mi

1:17:30 Z1
0:41:21 Z2
0:01:08 Z3

Strength
  • 20m

Core and upper body circuit.

As Chippy would say...."This workout was brought to you by the letter Z and the numbers 1 and 2."

Unfortunately, all of that was during one helluva rainy day here in Memphis.  tried to wait out the rain, but it just wasn't happening...actually is supposed to rain all weekend.  Finally got out the door and was soaked in the first couple of minutes.  People around here don't know how to deal with people actually exercizing, but were really shocked to see someone out in this weather today.  Hell, even the ducks that I passed were laughing at me a bit.  I actually had fun the entire time.  Took it very easy and stayed well into Z1 for most of the run and then slowly climbed into Z2.  I think I did have a total of 1 minute in Z3, but that had to be on some of the hills. 

Why is it that the Jimmy Buffett songs sounded the best on the ipod today?

Oh yeah, got one battle wound from today's run....guess the whole wet clothes on the body for 2 hours causes a bit of chaffing...one bloody nipple that is quite tender right now.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.13 miles
  • 17.13 Mi/hr

Low HR; High RPMs

Did an easy ride on the CT.  Now it is time for a beer then rest for the long training weekend ahead.  1+30 run & 1500 yd swim tomorrow and then a 4+00 ride with a 0+20 T-run on Sunday.  Problem is that it is supposed to rain all weekend.  I will run in the rain if I have to, but it will make for one helluva a trainer ride on Sunday if the weather continues to suck.  Oh well, clock is ticking....
Going to move today's swim to Monday since I am off work and to allow for me to make up yesterday's missed workout.

Work and other things got in the way.  Better luck tomorrow.
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 41s /Mi
Swim
  • 48m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • -----

6 x 100 (25 kick/50 free/25 kick)
6 x 25
10 x 100 on the 2 (1:38 averages)
200 pull
50 kick

Early morning swim done.  Short afternoon run and weights also on the sked for today.

Run is now done after work, but the weights are going to have to wait!

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 22.31 miles
  • 17.85 Mi/hr

Big Gear intervals and 1-leg drills.

Coach is now getting serious about my training....just got the updated sked.  12+30 this week and 14+10 for next week.  Looks like Lane is about to increase his training a bit.  :)

CT ride later tonight.

Cavu9's Training Log

January 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • April's totals