I am taking my off day today instead of tomorrow.  I get off at noon tomorrow, so that give me plenty of time to get my workouts in....not to mention, it is damn cold outside right now.  Gotta love rest weeks!!!
IMAZ is two months from today!!! With that being said, I have decided that today is the day to start my "leaning out" for race day. The body weight is coming down, but I also want to make a few changes to my eating/hydration habits. Step one is no more sodas. More changes to come... Goal weight is 170 and I am 11 pounds away. I think I can get there in a healthy manner, but I am not going to starve myself to get there. Stayed tuned to see if I kill a co-worker due to diet-soda withdrawls.
Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 18.53 miles
  • 18.53 Mi/hr
I have a date tonight with Kali and the Computrainer.     (Those of you that care...)

Champ is 1 year old today!!!
I read somewhere that yellow was good for you.....so who am I to disagree with Trixie?
Bike
  • 4h 21m
  • 75.00 miles
  • 17.24 Mi/hr

The training day was supposed to be much longer, but due to the cold weather, I was forced to stay in on the Computrainer once again.  My 5.5 hour ride was cut short as my arse could only handle a bit over 4 today.  Watched "Wedding Crashers" and "Mission Impossible III" while making my way through two laps of the IMAZ course.

Looks like I get to make up some time tomorrow on what was going to be my off day.

Run
  • 2h 45m
  • 16.51 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

Damn, I'm tired!

Left the HR strap at home on purpose.  I wanted to try to pace myself to 10 min/miles, regardless of HR.  Don't know why I decided to go this route....maybe just to challenge myslef to see what I could do.  Also, I kept thinking that if I train to 10 min/miles, then 11's on race day should be feel a bit easier...even on dead legs.  I would be thrilled for a 5 hour marathon for the end of an IM.

I felt good through the first 9 miles, very comfortable and on pace.  Then, I took a 3.5 mile trail loop that was a bit taxing on the body and also slowed my overall pace.  So, I could have left it at that and just finished it out, but dammit, I had a goal.  Now this is where the pain started to come in.  The last 4 miles had to now be done sub-10 to meet my goal.  The legs were dead, but I kept asking for more and they kept giving me more when I asked.  A little sprint at the end and I was able to finish just a hair above goal.  Whoo Hoo!!!  Now, I am dead and need to try to recover before tomorrow's long day.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.10 miles
  • 17.10 Mi/hr

EZ ride at <130 BPMs and >95 RPMs.

An easy ride on a Friday night in prep for another long training weekend!

Cavu9's Training Log

February 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals