1230:  Photos added to album...including the new tattoo shots!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=5005&useralbum=3283

1045:  Race Report done.  I will go back later and check for errors and update...now I am tired of typing!

Back at work today :( so that means that I will have plenty of time to get the race report done and posted.  And for those of you beggin for the tatto pic, you will have to wait till I get home.  I did get a pic taken last night, but won't be able to post it till later today with the other IMAZ photos.

Got to go home today.  :(
Guess the trip has to end some time and you finally have to get back to reality.  Doesn't that just suck!

But what do you do on your last day here in Phoenix?  You lay out by the pool all day and drink margaritas in the sun, then you go out for a great mexican dinner, then you top it off by getting your very own M-Dot tattoo!  Yeah, baby...It is official now!!!

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Just a few laps in the resort's pool to loosen up.

It is just now beginning to hit me that I actually DID finish an Ironman.  Still just doesn't seem real.  I just had too much fun out there, didn't really struggle, and just enjoyed the day.  Don't get me wrong, the bike kicked my arse and I was very tired during the run, but I knew I had it all day.  I knew I was going to finish, it was never in doubt.  It really only seemed like a long training day....but with a huge crowd watching!

Too much fun!  I know I can do better.  Could I really have worse conditions on the bike?  I know I could have pushed harder on the run...I just knew my time goal was out the window due to the winds, so why push it?  Just take it easy and finish...and that is what I did. 

I will do my race report soon....but Rhonda stayed with me here in Phoenix and we are going to enjoy a little vacation then get back home on Wednesday...so look for the RR on Thursday some time.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks everyone.  It was a long day and I will provide more info on the race later today and who knows when I will complete my Race Report.  But I am alive, a bit (ok severely) sunburned, and quite sore, and have been awake since 4 am this morning (5 now). 

Mom and Rhonda go back today, so I need to get them to the airport and I also need to go back to the race site and pick up my transition bags and my pictures...and probably buy a few "finisher" items.

And for those of you wondering....Yes, I did get my Guinness after the race.  I hobbled down the street just after finishing to an Irish pub and had one with Mom, Rhonda, Aaron and Shane.

Thanks Aaron for the help.  It was great to see a friendly face as a catcher as I crossed the line.

and wind sucks.....

Bike
  • 7h 28m 53s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 14.97 Mi/hr

This sux!

tried to take it easy and just go on cadence and HR...and yes, the wind kicked my ass!

Run
  • 5h 41m 36s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 13m 02s /Mi

Satisfied with this time. Was doing great early on, but had to walk miles 11-13 to let my stomach settle down. Couldn't take in any more food. Then walked the last 2+ (except the finish) as my achilles completely locked up.

Swim
  • 1h 10m 17s
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 01m 40s /100 yards

Smokin....even better than I expected.

Finally got 'er done!

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Another morning swim in Tempe Town Lake.

Well, I guess I am ready.   Can't do anything else but relax and wait for tomorrow morning.  Either I have done enough training or I haven't.  I feel ready, but tomoorrw will tell.  Still no stress yet, but I am sure it will hit me in the morning.

Swam this morning at the race site, then came back for a good breakfast with Rhonda and Mom.  Bike drop off is in a couple of hours, then it is time to just be lazy and relax.  BT dinner tonight at 5:30.  Sleep time, then the game is on. 

Thanks for all the support.  I really can feel the love!  You guys are great and will be with me all through the race tomorrow.

Rick, thanks for the phonecall yesterday!

Bike
  • 10m
  • 2.70 miles
  • 16.20 Mi/hr

Bike test/check-out ride.

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Easy Z2 run

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

Early morning swim in Tempe Town Lake.

Up early having my coffee and breakfast, then it is back down to the swim site for a little water time with the other BTers.  Then have to go to the airport to pick up my mother and Rhonda.  After that, who knows.  Probably a short bike checkot ride and maybe a short run before the mandatory athlete's meeting tonight.

Cavu9's Training Log

April 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals