Bike
  • -----
  • 10.00 miles
  • -----

this was my commute to work in the morning, then over to the dentist in the afternoon, and then from there back home along with DW on her commute home.

Run
  • -----
  • 6.00 miles
  • -----

This is the longest run I've done in 2.5 weeks because of my foot problem. At 2.5 miles, right on queue, my foot started to hurt. It hurt, but didn't affect my stride so I decided to see how it was. I figured out that it hurts when running uphill (weird, huh?) but no so much on flat or downhill. The fact that this hasn't gotten better even though I took a week off bothers me, so it's time to go see the doctor.

On a side note, my legs felt strong so keeping up with the biking has helped me somewhat maintain my running shape.

Very tired after dinner. The running and the biking (and waking up early) did me in. Fell asleep on the couch at maybe 8:30pm.

Bike
  • -----
  • 17.70 miles
  • -----

This included my 3 mi commute into work and then the long way home by the ballpark, along the embarcadero, to crissy field and then I cut rhough the Presidio to Arguello briefly through Golden Gate Park through the Haight and back up over the hill then back home.

I've been tweaking my setup on my Cervelo. I put on a longer stem and adjusted the seat upwards. Feels good. I also felt strong yesterday and felt like I was flying on the ride home.

Swim
  • 30m
  • -----
  • -----

Did an OWS in Aquatic Park today . Haven't done a swim since Treasure Island (2 months ago). Water was a bit chilly (52 degrees), but once I started swimming it was fine. Very foggy outside. Couldn't see anything, difficult to sight. When I got out of the water, my hands, feet, and mouth (talked a bit funny) were quite numb.

Bike
  • -----
  • 36.30 miles
  • -----

DW wanted to do a long bike ride so we decided to try to do the ride down to the Planet of the Apes road. We got off to a late start and since we we had to navigate quite a bit to get there (getting lost, looking at directions,etc.) and the sun setting so early, we made it to Pacifica, but not down to the Planet of the Apes road. Kinda cool/scary biking back in the dark on Skyline. We'll were able to figure out a few shortcuts so we can make it there next time.

Bike
  • -----
  • 47.60 miles
  • -----

Biked over to the GG bridge and met up with a few folks to bike the Paradise loop. The guys were fast, faster than me. My endurance was actually okay, which was good to know considering I hadn't bike this distance in 4 months. Was still relatively strong on the climbs. I need to get back into the routine of doing long rides.

enginerd's Training Log

January 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance