Run
  • -----
  • 58.00 miles
  • -----

well, I survived, which was the main thing. First 45 miles or so were no problem. BK ran with me from about 2pm-5pm, which was great to have the company. After that, I had pain in my left knee and hip, so I took a break at the finish of that lap and walked the rest of the race from there on out. DW showed up at about 6pm when I was finishing up mile 50. We walked for the next 2+ hours which was nice.

My first level goal was to do 50 miles in 11 hours, which is what many at the race were targetting because that is what is needed to qualify for the Western States 100 (of course, now I can't fathom doing 100 miles).

My second level goal was to do 62 miles, which I fell short of. I'm a little disappointed that I ended up having to walk (because timewise, 62 was well within reach), but given the pains I was feeling, it was the prudent thing to do.

Still, I can't complain. I even finished 4th out of 52.

Here are a couple photos

• RACE DAY: San Francisco One Day
Bike
  • -----
  • 17.10 miles
  • -----

on the ride back home, it started out misty when I left the BART station. It steadily grew heavier and I ended up soaked from head to toe. I love commuting in the rain (cycling, no. commuting, yes).

Run
  • -----
  • 2.00 miles
  • -----

a very sluggish run this morning. meant this just to be a mini tuneup before tomorrow. sluggishness is either because of my flu shot yesterday or swimming in the pool (germs!) or a bit of both. hope it's better tomorrow!

Bike
  • -----
  • 17.10 miles
  • -----

to work, to the Y, and back home.

Swim
  • -----
  • 1650.00 meters
  • -----

at the Y. Geez am I losing my swim endurance. That's all I felt good doing. I did the first 750 bilateral and then had to switch to breathing on just one side (switch point tells me roughly my halfway point for my endurance level).

Checked my form on my last 2 lengths. Can still do a length in 17 strokes. Maybe all this winter fat I'm gaining is helping with my buoyancy...

Bike
  • -----
  • 21.00 miles
  • -----

two flats on the way into work and pouring rain after I left the west oakland BART station. At least i like biking in the rain. :)

my weight seems to be creeping up.  not sure if it's because of business trip last week, winter blahs, or muscle gain (ha! I wish).  Will need to keep an eye on it.

Bike
  • -----
  • 13.10 miles
  • -----

took the short way home.

Run
  • -----
  • 6.00 miles
  • -----

around the 'hood.

bought some dark chocolate bars over the weekend.  DW and I snack on a few pieces of one that is 85% cocoa after dinner.  Yum.  I also have an 88% cocoa bar I want to try soon.

Bike
  • -----
  • 16.80 miles
  • -----

to work and back on the beast. flatted on the way into work. didn't notice it (but it sure felt sluggish) until I had to bike home and it was very flat.

Run
  • -----
  • 6.00 miles
  • -----

the usual around the 'hood, but thanks to a full day of resting yesterday, ran this faster than I ever have - woohoo.

Swim
  • -----
  • 2000.00 meters
  • -----

guessing about 2000m in Aquatic Park with BK (first chance for him to swim with his new wetsuit). We did the perimeter and then 3 lengths along the buoy line.

Sport
  • Hiking
  • -----

6 miles hiking. Neighbor across the street organized it. Was to the pancake breakfast at West Point Inn. About 6 miles on the loop.

enginerd's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance