• 13.10 miles
  • -----

At the Big Kahuna

Swim
  • -----
  • 1900.00 meters
  • -----

At the Big Kahuna

This race went great.  race report to come soon.  Was great to meet jesswah, puellasolis (and her BF), rjl171 in person, have dinner with them, and cheer them on at the finish.  Also met Atak Kat briefly at the expo.

My buddy BK is coming over after he finishes refereeing a flag football game in GG park and then we're off to Santa Cruz!

Bike
  • -----
  • 13.10 miles
  • -----

took the short way home. still haven't fixed the spoke on my commuter so I've been using my P2K.

Run
  • -----
  • 2.60 miles
  • -----

short and sweet around the neighborhood.

okay, now I'm going to start getting paranoid, which isn't necessarily a bad thing where self-preservation is concerned - on my short little jaunt around the neighborhood. at one intersection, a car does a california (i.e. rolling) stop, but doesn't even look in my direction as I get to the crosswalk. Ugh.

Bike
  • -----
  • 8.00 miles
  • -----

holy cow - one close call and another sheesh moment on the commute in this morning. Ack, and a third on the way home.

First incident - on market street, I'm riding in the bike lane and a taxi decides to pull over into me and I slam on my brakes and swerve and I say "whoa" and am holding myself up on the side of te taxi. good thing this was at slow speed. the cabbie asked if I was okay.

Second incident - After getting off BART in the east bay, I'm on the bike boulevard headed to the office. I'm crossing a major intersection on the green light and on the cross street in front of me, I see a brown van just blast through the intersection (he had a red light) without even slowing and past the next light too. Scary. If I had been 10 seconds further along on the road, I would have been road pizza.

Third incident - on the way to the BART station, right at the entrance to BART, a car pulls into the entrance and stops halfway. I try to sneak by it and the car starts backing up/turning without looking! The friggin' driver was on the cell phone. ARGH!

Swim
  • -----
  • 2150.00 meters
  • -----

at the Y. Okay, I've been slacking a bit since Vineman on my swim workouts (and perhaps a bit on my runs too). Hopefully good enough to make it through Big Kahuna.

I'm still trying to figure out my bike fit on my P3C (this and my P2K were both professionally fit at the same shop). I measured the seat to bottom bracket and found that my P3C is half an inch higher than my P2K setup (go figure). Riding my P2K setup into work this AM, I think my P2K setup is slightly too low, so I'm thinking I'll try a position in between. Call it the Goldilocks setup.

Moving up the seatpost on my P2K by a quarter inch felt just right.  Now I need to go tweak my P3C to make sure it's set too. 

Bike
  • -----
  • 21.00 miles
  • -----

another broken spoke on my commuter, this time on the front wheel. so, i took my old tri bike, the cervelo P2k, into work. I still love this bike. I think the fit on this is still better than on my P3C, so I need to tweak the P3C just a bit more.

Bike
  • -----
  • 8.50 miles
  • -----

was running late (because of my run this morning), so I took the folder in. Took it to the nearest BART station. Geez, it was packed. Now it's very clear to me why non-folding bikes are not allowed on BART during commute hours.

Run
  • -----
  • 6.00 miles
  • -----

around the hood on the usual route. very foggy this morning, but not that cold. was kinda cool. my glasses were covered with condensation. In the section through Glen Park, the slight wind would stir the leaves just enough so that all of the collected dew would fall and it seemed like it was raining. last real run (will do at least one more shorty) probably until BK on Sunday.

Run
  • -----
  • 5.40 miles
  • -----

A super relaxed (avg heart rate was 119 which incluedd hills) run with DW around the neighborhood.

enginerd's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance