• -----
  • 17.40 miles
  • -----

to work and back

Run
  • -----
  • 3.90 miles
  • -----

easy relaxed run with DW. Still fatigued.

DW went to an annual dinner part my friend J hosts at her home.  A lot of us foodies and winos attend.  DW and I brought 6 bottles of wine.  I thought this would be way too much since there were only 12 of us and others were bringing wine, beer, etc.  We brought:

- 1990 Sterling Reserve Cab (18 years old!)
- 1983 Beringer Reserve Cab
- 2000 Pisoni Pinot Noir
- 2002 Chablis (don't remember details)
- a champagne (don't remember details)
- a 200? Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir

I was a bit fearful that the 1990 Sterling would not have stood up after 18 years of aging, but it was sublime once it opened up.  Initial taste was had me questioning it, but after decanting and some time to breath, it was tasty and complex and not the over the top fruit that typically comes with young california wines.

Food was gluttonous.  We sat outside in the wonderfully warm east bay sun and had hors d'oeuvres for hours before dinner.  They included:

- lamb chops
- bite sized crab cakes topped with a tiny bit of some tomato based thing and a tiny dollop of aioli
- bite sized pot stickers with spicy soy sauce
- 7 different cheeses (with Acme bread of course)
- fruit (grapes, strawberries, persimmons)

Dinner was a wonderfully stuffed (veggies, shiitake mushrooms, yams, spinach, etc) flank steak, roast potatoes, and veggies.

One of the foodies is a pastry chef who couldn't make it, but still gave us her dessert which was a chocolate layer cake with a delicious carmelized nut crumble on the outside.  I'm not a huge sweets person, but this was delicious chocolate (I am a chocolate person and DW and I eat some dark chocolate every night) and a very tasty dessert.

Run
  • -----
  • 4.20 miles
  • -----

ran a very, very relaxed 4.2 in golden gate park with DW. Legs are still fatigued. Weather was beautiful out though.

Bike
  • -----
  • 17.30 miles
  • -----

to work and back

Bike
  • -----
  • 17.30 miles
  • -----

to work and back. weather has been so nice.

work has been insane, so I haven't been able to do much, much less work on my race report, but hoping to get done on Friday.

enginerd's Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance