Oh, I FINALLY broke the 190 barrier. I hadn't been posting my weight on here because I'm pretty embarrased by it, but I'm really excited to have gotten below 190 for the first tiem since Feb. I'm just one lb. shy of -10lbs. But hey, I still wear a size 12, so I guess I'm not huge, I just feel like. ...it helps that i'm almost 6' though. I just want to be like my junior yr in HS.. 160. Even that sounds like a ton and still more than qualifies for Athena in any tri, but I was a size 9/10 and super hot. Oh well.. I'm just happy to not weigh 190 anymore. Serisou 189.5 sounds sooo much less... ;) *** I had Eric (almost hubby) put my HRM on last night. I'm very concenered about his cardiovascular fitness. His resting heart rate befroe bed last night was 89. I didnt get to check it this morning. He's had a long day yesterday, but there's no excuse for 89. He's kind of a slug and he works really hard everyday and does some physical work, but nothing really for his heart. Cardio is terrible. I had him walk up and down our stairs once, and he was at 122. I did it and was at 87. !!?? What do I do? I try to get him to go out running or biking with me but it's always no-go. :( What do I do!!?? He used to always tell me "go run" whenever I was feeling shitty about my weight. ...he's not fat, but he's got a little beer buldge. He's 6'0 and 175. When we started dating he was 128lbs and I was 161lbs. Hey, at least I don't out weigh him by 30 lbs plus anymore. only 14. ;) *** I'm super excited about all the fun I have planned tomorrow. I'm hearing Kelly Benjamin and Brad Cole speak, then a ride with kelly, then a run on the run course fro next weekend. then, by boyfriends shop is in charge of river fest in KC, so I'm going to go hang out up there. www.kcriverfest.com

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 3 RHR: 58 Hours slept: 7.25
Bike
  • 15m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 14.00 Mi/hr

rode to the shop from home. almost fell over going thru intersection. whoops. was going to ride back but eric said he wanted to go to dinner so i loaded the bike in his truck

Bike
  • 53m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 13.58 Mi/hr

Max Speed 25.9

Fun ride during lunch. rode a little bit of running trails...and roads. overall just a fun ride.

Sunny. no wind about 85 degrees. overall a very nice ride. I thought about NOTHING but riding and tri racing. Nice to just think about my training and racing. I'm saddle sore from riding on Monday in a swimsuit w/no chamois. I'm ready to be over that. *** I went clipless!! FINALLY! I rode around my house a little bit last night. I coulndt get the tri race shoes I really wanted, so I have 3 straps on each side to deal with in races now, but i'll figure it out. Oh, and they were free so i really won't bitch! THanks JUSTIN www.freeridebikeandskate.com

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 5 Overall Workout: 4
Cookout at work for lunch. Went straight from law firm to board shop and worked 7:00am to 9:00 pm. I tried eating french fries for the first time in probably 6 weeks. it made me feel sick.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.75
Bike
  • 1h 03m 33s
  • 15.02 miles
  • 14.18 Mi/hr

Overall workout increased after bike time trial. 2.25 mile TT. time of 5:51. 6th fastest in group of 30 women. Leader went 5:30. Slowest was close to 9 min. TT started in intervals of 15sec, I started 2nd and pasted the first rider right away. never was passed by anyone.

Run
  • 23m 51s
  • 2.25 miles
  • 10m 36s /Mi

Couldn't get up and goin'. Legs felt sluggish. Trying shorter strides, but not working out for me. woman i consistently out run beat me back by a minute.

Swim
  • 15m
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 01m 30s /100 yards

swim with tri class ladies. very rough water. roughest OWS i;ve ever had. I thougth it was a fun to be challenged as far as my stroke and sighting went.

My grandfather passed away on Saturady due to lung cancer. I've had a ton of stress to deal with since about last Wednesday. Rough past few days. I was really hoping to get some kind of emotional release out of my run today- but nothing. i even stopped to walk. real disappointment. I have a group swim and a bike time trial tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 1 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Overall Workout: 4
Grandfather passed away from lung cancer

CorkyC's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance