My boyfriend is amazing. He's been razing me about running and all this crap. so he said he could run a mile in under 7:00 min. So last week I told him i'd take him to a track- where it's flat and he could run it there. He did it in 7:38 I am so proud of him. He went out like a bat out of hell on the first 400, started to bonk by the 800, and walked about 100 yards of the 3rd 400. then ran again the last 400. That was pretty amazing and i think he did great. And I smiled to myself a little when he started puking. I wanted to say "WELCOME TO MY WORLD" As of right now he's laying in bed complaning about how bad everything hurts. ... ha. :)
Bike
  • 2h 00m 13s
  • 29.62 miles
  • 14.78 Mi/hr

pace is actually slow. I spent about 10 min altogether riding around in circles going about 6 mph waiting for people. great ride though

Run
  • 52m
  • 4.75 miles
  • 10m 57s /Mi

Not sure about mileage. i went everywhere and even where i couldnt take my bike to chart distance

Great ride. lots of fun with great ladies. what a blast.

• Health data: Overall Workout: 4
I just pulled this of of MSNBC.com pretty much hits the nail on the head as far as the Tour and drugs go. So disappointing. In drugged sport, no surprise if Landis cheated Tour de France wants to be clean, but can’t since many getting illegal help COMMENTARY By Mike Celizic MSNBC contributor Updated: 2:45 a.m. CT July 28, 2006 Some people are bound to be shocked to learn that the winner of the Tour de France has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs. These are the same people who would be shocked to learn that beer is consumed at fraternity parties, that four-year-olds like chocolate and that professional wrestling matches are fixed. Yes, it’s tough that the guy caught is an American, Floyd Landis, but it can’t be a surprise. One of the reasons Landis won is because the pedal-pushers who finished second, third and fourth last year were banned for drugs before the race even began. Every time you turn around, it seems as if there’s another story about a rider doing drugs. Why should we be surprised that the drug cops made another bust? It's important to note that Landis has not been found guilty of anything yet. There's a second sample to be tested, appeals to be made. But it looks bad for a sport that seemed to be enjoying a feel-good conclusion to a Tour that started off wracked by scandal. Cycling and drugs go together like Valentine’s Day and roses. There’s a good reason for it: it is perhaps the most grueling and physically demanding sport there is. The Tour de France is a three-week race covering a couple of thousand miles with just two days off. Take the best athlete from any other sport, put him on a bicycle, and have him ride just one stage of the tour. He’d barely be able to walk the next day and wouldn’t want to ride a bike again for quite some time. Now do it every day for a week, and throw in gut-busting climbs up impossible grades in the Alps and blistering time trials in which the riders go as fast as they can for dozens of miles. If ever there were a sport made for drugs, cycling is it. So it’s no surprise that the sport has been saturated with them for as long as anyone can remember. If a doctor or chemist can find something that will help the riders go longer and faster, something that will allow them to keep pumping through the screaming pain, there will be a market — a big one — for it. You name it, riders have used it, from brandy and laudanum in the ancient days to amphetamines later on, to human growth hormone to steroids, to EPO, a drug that allows the blood to carry more oxygen. Riders also reinfuse themselves with their own blood, increasing the volume of blood and thus the volume of oxygen it can carry, a practice called blood packing. In a way, it’s been an even playing field, because just about everybody was doing it. So no one was getting an advantage that others didn’t have. Unfortunately, all the drugs also led to dozens of deaths, and no sport likes to have its participants dying off in the middle of competitions. It doesn’t look good. And when the public catches on, it gets offended. Of all the charades we buy into in life, one of the most enduring is the myth of clean competition. We will pay large amounts of money to watch people with bodies not found in nature do things that we’d always considered to be impossible. Then, if they don’t test positive for anything, we allow ourselves to believe that they did it honestly. It’s a lie we gladly tell ourselves because it allows us to continue to enjoy something we love. It’s like someone who has mountains of evidence to suggest that a spouse is cheating and chooses to ignore it because, well, because life works better that way. Still, even the craftiest cheater can get caught, and that’s when the problems start. It was pretty well known for years that cyclists cheated any way they could. But the real efforts to clean up the sport began in 1998, when seven teams were kicked out of the Tour de France, the granpere of all races, for drug use. The campaign was successful only in that it inspired the athletes to find better ways to cheat the drug tests. The following year, Marco Pantani, the previous year’s winner, was thrown out for doping. In 2004, more than a dozen riders were expelled. After last year’s record seventh straight win by Lance Armstrong, the French sports newspaper, L’Equipe, reported that tests performed on one of Armstrong’s preserved urine samples from 1999 revealed evidence of EPO, a popular drug in cycling that boosts the blood’s capacity to carry oxygen. An investigation launched by the International Cycling Union exonerated Armstrong, but it didn’t stop people from saying he cheated. This year, there were the series of suspensions before the race began. Clearly, all the testing and all the enforcement efforts have done nothing to stop the cheating; they’ve only forced the cheaters, who probably include most if not all of the top riders, to find better ways to hide the evidence. The surprise here is that Landis got caught so late in the race. The offending sample was taken after the 17th stage, the same one in which he put on an unbelievable performance a day after all but falling out of contention. People marveled at his ability to recover. Now, there is evidence that he had help in the recovery. There will be appeals and tests of backup samples. But it looks as if Landis, desperate to win, took a chance after his terrible performance in stage 16. He wanted to win and knew he had to do something extraordinary to do it. So he did some drugs he hoped wouldn’t be detected. That’s just a theory, but it makes sense. He lost the gamble, which will make a lot of people in France and Europe very happy because finally, a Yank got caught doing what everybody else has been doing. But it won’t change the underlying truth of big-time cycling: It’s a cheater’s sport. Mike Celizic writes regularly for MSNBC.com and is a freelance writer based in New York. URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14061936/page/2/ *** Last night when I was running I kept getting honked at by all the "young men" (like 16 to 30 year olds). I had on nike run shorts and a tri top. Yet, I felt like a fatty because my torso is SO long that a LARGE tri top hits exactly 1.5 einches ABOVE my belly button. It doesnt help that every top I own has to cover my chest. which is way too big. bare honesty, I wear a 36 DD. Hardly condusive to triathlon /run training. I hate the shape of my body. I have Super broad shoulders, huge boobs- if I measured across the top of my chest and around my back is 42" my waist is 32" and my waist is SUPER high.. then I have my super wide and high hips. i can pushed down on my hips because I thought that i just had a ton of fat on them. no. it's bone. So there's no shit i can do about it. then I have wear my pants hit me which is about 40 inches because of my super wide hips and ass. (at least my butt has shrunk some)... then i have huge thighs and fat deposits under my butt. ... and because my thighs rub together when i run, if I dont wear spandex or tri shorts, the get rubbed raw but other shorts (ie- the nike run shorts w/built in briefs i had on last night. the stitching in the shorts made my legs BURN with chafing) Why couldnt I have been born petite? Or at least with out the high and wide hips. ..and my belly pokes straight out like im pregnant. im serisous. I pretty much hate the way I look... i'm really mopey right now...

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4
Run
  • 35m
  • 2.75 miles
  • 12m 44s /Mi

I just couldnt get up and moving. the first mile or so i felt really good and i even was going pretty quick after a slight downhill and a flat- i was really working technique and i felt good, then at 14 min I said i would walk 30 sec.. which turned into 1 min, then 2 min, then 8 minutes altogether. I couldnt get back to running. i almost started crying from how upset i have been about my workouts. ..i was supposed to do a 30 min run last night and a 90 minu tempo run with 30 min spinning tonight. yeah i got in a whole 35 min running, and thats it.. ugh. I didnt even have my HR monitor on...

yesterday it was reid. today it's floyd... floyd in a big way. I'm really depressed... I'm on the rag so that doesnt help.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 2
well it's official. Peter Reid's retiring. I think I'm going to sit in a hole and cry. so sad...
Bike
  • 50m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 14.40 Mi/hr

Rode 1 lap of 2 loop course for Baptist-Luthern /Jackson Co Tri. there are quite a few climbs that wont be much fun on the second tiem around on that course!

Run
  • 10m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Just a quick run right off the bike. practiced full transistion and putting socks on after bike.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Overall Workout: 4

CorkyC's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • October's totals