Bike
  • 05m 04s
  • 2.06 miles
  • 24.39 Mi/hr

whoot whoot! #1 Time trialist!! ;) Last time I went 5:51 I think, and I was like 5th. Guess what. I won! even with a slow slow slow turn around.

Swim
  • 35m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 04m 23s /100 yards

stood around talking. Did a mass start for the girls int he clinic i swam around like a snake bumping into people and weaving

I got a new watch and am very excited! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 2h 20m
  • 35.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

very tough ride. long rolling hills and a couple BIG climbs.

Run
  • 20m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 13m 20s /Mi

run/walk immediately after bike.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Overall Workout: 4
Posted:8/3/2006 11:16:47 AM Modified:8/3/2006 6:38:10 PM Vigil Planned for Model Killed in Bicycle Crash LEE'S SUMMIT, MO. - A vigil is planned for a woman who lost control of her bicycle and was run over by a gasoline tanker truck. Model, Audrey Lindvall, died in the parking lot of QuikTrip off of 291 & 150 Highways Wednesday night. Police say the 23-year-old was thrown into the back wheels of the tanker after her bike hit a curb and she lost control. Police interviewed at least a dozen people who saw the accident, as well as the truck driver. Audrey Lindvall was a model in New York. Relatives said Audrey was in the metro to pick up her things to relocate to Los Angeles. The model was following in the footsteps of her older sister, Angela Lindvall, who is considered by some to be a supermodel. Angela has modeled for Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue, and Elle magazine. Audrey, the family says was making a name for herself in the model industry, traveling the world and gracing the pages of magazines. The Lindvall's had planned a party for Audrey who would have turned 24 on August 11, instead the family is planning her funeral. Lee's Summit Police said they are still investigating the accident. Cyclists from around the Kansas City area are planning a vigil for Audrey Thursday night. They will gather from 9 to 10 p.m. near the QuikTrip parking lot where Audrey was hit. "Deaths like this are completely avoidable," says Missouri Bicycle Federation Executive Director Brent Hugh. "Drivers can operate more safely, bicyclists can operate more safely, and cities can build streets to make them much safer for bicyclists." Hugh said he'd like to see more bicycle safety measures in place. Hugh goes on to cite two recent area bicycle fatalities involving heavy trucks turning into a bicyclist. He said this article and graphic shows bicyclists how to avoid this especially dangerous type of collision: Hugh said truck side guards are inexpensive, could save many lives, and could be required in Missouri but are not. He said to look at this site for more information.
Bike
  • 17m 22s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 21.42 Mi/hr

10K tt in Gardner. Heavy wind, but droppe d8 seconds.

I started to feel better after lucn. ONe of the girls at work took me out, and my mood started to elevate from there. My brother even raced teh 10K TT last night- w/ a borrowed road bike, BMX bike pedals, skate shoes, and a motocross helmet. haha. The family went to dinner, and eric and i ddint fight anymore. i even gave him a slice of cake i made for my b-day- after I took a bite first, of course :) It's my birthday. You'd think I'd be happy. But i'ma ctually quite depressed and I feel like I could break out into tears at any moment. And I'm exhausted.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 4 Overall Workout: 4
I've lost 2 more pounds. I finally got over the 188.5 hump I'd been having a really hard time for the last 3 weeks probably getting down over that. My weight had plateaued and I was getting frustrated. I got on the scaled and it registered 186.5. I got off and did it again to make sure and it was the same. I wasnt really elated like I thought I would be, but i'm happier. *** 12:20pm I feel like poop. I just ate McDonalds for the first in a long time. Uck. Pretty sure that's not going to come out well.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3

CorkyC's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • October's totals