• 2h 15m 28s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 10m 20s /Mi
Swim
  • 39m 25s
  • 2118.00 yards
  • 01m 52s /100 yards

Pre-blogged this one...

Race Day!!!  Nothing to it but to do it!

NAMEKelly Hoog 
BIB NUMBER342
AGE36
PROFESSION 
STATE/COUNTRYCastroville TX USA
SWIMBIKE RUNOVERALLPOSITION
39:253:12:282:15:286:11:43518

RACE LEGDISTANCEPACEPOSITION
TOTAL SWIM1.2 mi. (39:25)2:04/100m509

BIKE - 15 mi15 mi (51:52)17.35 mph 
BIKE - 31 mi16 mi (53:44)17.87 mph 
BIKE - 36 mi5 mi (1:26:52)3.45 mph 
TOTAL BIKE56 mi (3:12:28)17.46 mph563

FIRST RUN SEGMENT - 6.55 mi6.55 mi (5:05:19)10:32/mi
SECOND RUN SEGMENT - 13.1 mi6.55 mi (6:11:43)10:07/mi
TOTAL RUN13.1 mi. (2:15:28)10:20/mile518

TRANSITIONTIME
T1: SWIM-TO-BIKE2:08
T2: BIKE-TO-RUN2:14

PENALTYTIME
TOTAL PENALTIES--:--

I'm Hot, Tired, Stinky and Dirty...details to follow after I clean up and take a 30 min Ice Bath!!!  .....one more thing...I'm so SORE!!! 

Day Seven of Taper:  Off Again!!!  Just kill me now.  Will this race EVER get here? 

Update from yesterday...

Rental didn't work on wetsuit but the I found a short john wetsuit for sale that is awesome.  My T1 time shouldn't take long at all.  SWEEET!!  Did a short swim after I bought it to make sure everything was kosher.  Boyant and no shoulder pain.  Yippee.

Also did other damage at the expo.  Two new swimsuits, Souvineer Tank and other odds and ends I couldn't live without.

Had my normal breakfast today and a big Breakfast/Lunch at Noon.  Tonight I'll meet up with the BT crew at Orlando's.  I really only want subway to top off the engine but I want the comraderie more.

Saw Hack and Bill at the expo and meeting.  It was nice to know someone and hang out a little.  My girlfriend that came up to do the race is getting on my last nerve.  She keeps going on about how this course is no big deal....she's been training since Feb and I've been building for a year.   I'm going to hurt someone. lol...  All I got to say is if I see her on the run I will probably put myself in the hospital trying to beat her. lol.  Can you say competitive.....:)

Today went by surprisingly fast.  Now it's off to dinner.  I'm all packed and ready to load my stuff when we get home.  I'll stretch and get to bed by 10 and up at 4am tomorrow...out the door by 4:30.  Finish the race by 1:30pm and ice bath by 3pm. 

Later,

K

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Biked after the swim in two stages. Out of transition to park entrance which covers 3 of the bike hills. Then we went out and did the two spiral staircases. Wind is up...Should be an interesting day on Sunday.

Swim
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Wetsuit rental I was counting on didn't turn out. They only had a med. and I needed a small. So this morning I swan in my full length suit. It was ok but my left shoulder always hurts when I swim with the wetsuit. This spurred me on to buy a sleeveless john..this thing is slick..VERY easy to take off. Can you say faster T1 :)

Hard Workouts are done for the day.  Just a quick swim this afternoon in my new wetsuit to make sure everything is kosher.   

I just spent an hour icing my shins...crap this sucks!  I can't believe this. GRRRRR.  Well nothing on the schedule between now and Sunday beside R&R hopefully I'll recover quickly.

Besides the wetsuit I also bought a tri top and the STICK.  I got suckkered on that purchase.  I knew I would buy one the next time I saw one and didn't even ask how much.  Sale was done when I asked...it was $39..I swear I've seen them for $15 or $20.  Oh well, least I use it.

Day Six of Taper:  Early Morning Swim at Race Site and Bike out of Transition to Park Entrance and Back (4 of 8 hills).  Then out to Spiral Staircase to practice gearing and handeling.

Run
  • 31m
  • -----
  • -----

Ran the three hills of the run course and now my shins are feeling it. Ouch...will do swim/bike and hope the shins don't go too deep.

Day Five of Taper:  Off to Lubbock this morning.  Run parts of course tonight and check out sleeveless wetsuit rental.

Day Four of Taper: Off AGAIN....Now I need some entertainment.

Had my first Tri dream for this race.  Dreamt that I was forgot my wetsuit for the race and decided not to rent one in BSLT and a cold front came in and dropped the temps to 40...I was freaking out and not a happy camper. 

I woke up and went to the garage a threw my wetsuit on the pile to be packed tonight :).  Now I'm covered. Lol.

Track last night was HOT and once again the kids had fun so that's what it's all about.  Tonight I'm skipping a date with Hubby to pack...maybe I'll actually cook dinner instead.  What a novelty.  Geeze I'm spoiled.  I keep talking about packing but it hasn't happened yet, it's now or never.  I leave in the morning for BSLT...I'm excited to get out of dodge and be there already.  Not going to do much but I want to breathe the air.  Yeah, I'm a freak..What's new. :)

GOALS:...........Finish.......

Satisfied with a good effort:  6:30

Happy: 6:15

Ecstatic and can't stand to be around me: 6:00

Swim
  • 31m 25s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 05s /100 yards

I have no clue if I actually did 1500...It could have been 1300 or 1700..I couldn't stay focused on counting while thinking about everything I need to get done this week. But I like 2:09 so I'll take it.

Did 3 sets of 500.

Day Three of Taper: 

Wanted to make today's swim a OWS at the Lake but kids have another track meet tonight and since I'm gone the rest of the week I want to be mom.  Hoping hubby comes tonight too so he can drive home after.  I'm going to be too pooped to pop by the end of the day.  On the upside this is my last workout until I get to BSLT on Thursday.

Goal of the day...FOCUS...FOCUS...FOCUS...:)

Bike
  • 51m 30s
  • 15.40 miles
  • 17.94 Mi/hr

Good Ride out Hwy 90. Cross winds and rollers.

Run
  • 28m 01s
  • 3.17 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

This was a good run but pace is a little misleading. I thought from my house to the top of the hill was three miles and it was only 2.3. Hubby was waiting at the top to take me home since I was told STRICTLY NOT to do more than three and I always do what I'm told...right coach? lol. Anyway, I got a 3 minute reprieve before I finished up. Still did at least 8:40 to the hill.

Day Two of Taper:  Last Combo.

More Packing!!!! 

Picked up Bike from LBS for a cleaning and race check.  She's all pretty again.  My ride Saturday made us both scary..I was dreading having to clean her and then coach had a brilliant idea.  Let them do it!!  Jesse (my mechanic) probably hates me now but I made up for it.  Gotta take care of my boys. :)

tri-chic's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance