I had a crazy, long day yesterday.  I couldn't sleep much during the night because I really wanted to go to the stupid spinning class, and I was afraid I was going to miss the alarm!  I was up at 4:30 checking the watch until 5:45 when it went off. 

After spinning, me and the fam went to Chicago (2 hour drive) to The Shedd Aquarium.  It was really cool, but a complete madhouse.  We waited in line just to get tickets to get in for 30+ minutes.  After battling the Shedd Aquarium Pandemonium we got home about 8:30, put the kids to bed and then Rob and I met my brother at a bar(s) and we ended up staying out until after 2 a.m.  I got to essentially babysit my hubby and little brother as they had all the fun.  They would give me a hard time about wanting to go home because I was tired... I succumbed to the peer pressure of my "little" brother.  I slept until almost 11 this morning.  Rob flies home today and then it's just me and the kids the rest of the week.    

  • 1h 01m
  • -----
  • -----

My First Spinning Class!!!
AND - I showed up at 6:30 a.m. to do it!!!
It was a pretty tough workout, but I made it. The woman teaching it knew right away that I was new and she asked if I'd ever done spinning before (no...) After it was over she commented to me that I must be in shape because usually 1st timers don't make it the whole hour. I hated the class at a couple different points throughout the hour, but me quit?!?! whatever. ;)
Anyway, I'm going to try to go again tomorrow!

  • 10m

Abs on fitness ball, repeated the core #1 workout

  • 16m 38s
  • -----
  • -----

15' run with 4x30" strides. Warm up for 10' before the first stride. 45 left foot strikes per 26-28".
Learned more good stuff with this first official training day. You really can't do strides on a treadmill. It just takes too long to get the stupid thing up to speed, and then I never really did get going as fast as I could/should have. And I never did get my left foot strikes up to 45. I think just up to 38 or 39 at most. Now I know to do them outside!

  • 40m
  • 1880.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Planned workout was 2000 yds.
Discovered 2 things at this health club: 1. it's a 20 yard pool. 2. the water temperature is like very warm bath water. I took it nice and slow and only did the suggested 40 min for fear I was going to pass out and I was the only one in the pool.
WU: 400 swim
6x50 on 15" rest. (did 6x60)
MS: 10x100 @T-pace +3". rest is 15".
CD: 300 easy.

  • 10m

After the 15 min run the instructions were to do the core 1, 2 or 3 workout. I did #1 then went off to swim.


Today happens to be the first day of my real Oly training plan!  I think I might actually be able to pull it off this week.  (At least I'm going to be optimistic.)  But I think I'm going to flip flop days.

I better start it today though, seeing as how my breakfast consisted of jelly beans and chocolate.   I need a new mantra since it is not within my power to stay away from candy.  I think Bryn has my faulty candy gene.  You should have seen how she plowed through her chocolate bunny!!!


10 pm: so far so good.  I kinda like having a plan!  I'll definitely learn a lot. 

  • 47m
  • 4.14 miles
  • 11m 21s /Mi

Kept a slow pace on the treadmill. Felt good, but the first 15 min my calves were really tight. I stopped to stretch them out.

  • 1h 00m

Did various upper/lower machines and fitness ball for core.

We made it!  We left the house at 5:45 am yesterday and arrived about 5:30 pm.  The drive wasn't too bad, the kids tolerated it.  I think Rob counted 34 times we heard "When are we there?" 

I needed that extra day to recover from this bad cold.  I think I'm finally feeling better, but I'm afraid the kids will get it soon and the trip will be more difficult than it already is.  So far so good, though.

My sister has a membership to a very nice athletic club.  I purchased a week's pass and we went there today for awhile.  I think I'm finally going to get my chance to try a spinning class on Monday!! yippee!!!  Laughing

I'm sick...Cry

9 am: It hit me hard late yesterday afternoon. I went through almost an entire box of tissues last night and I woke up so achy and stuffy and with a sore throat. We're supposed to leave tomorrow morning and I haven't begun packing anything. Maybe if I hadn't spent so much time in HTML wonderland yesterday!


3:40 pm: Well, I'm not feeling too much better. If you ever want to fall right asleep, take Alka Seltzer for colds. OMG, it knocked me out, which isn't always the greatest thing with 2 little kids in the house. Most of the time they were great. They kept making me little things out of Floam (kinda like playdoh). At one point I remember blowing out b-day candles on a "cake." Then they piled b-day "presents" on my chest. I woke up once to a fight, to see them tugging on a butter knife, you know, to cut the cake... I just yelled out "Bryn get your own knife!!" Then fell back to sleep! I don't think I'll be winning any mom of the year awards any time soon.

uuggghhhh, sniff, sniff, achooooooo..............

OOOOOOO, AAAHHHH, SUCH PRETTY COLORS.... SO MANY FONT FAMILIES, FONT SIZES, SUCH LITTLE TIME.... Dudley had opened up a whole new world to me....

I don't know what half of it means or does, but I like it...

I still can't figure out the goofy face thingy, though.

I also want pictures! All of mine are too large. I'll figure it out.


Never mind, I figured it out! CoolKissSurprisedTongue out

wee, this is fun!!

I wonder what my kids are doing....

    Kam29's Training Log

     April 2007 
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30