(1x100 build on 2:05
Main Set:
5x100 drill on 2:15
5x100 pull on 2:05
5x100 swim fast and strong on 2:00
100 easy
16x25 on 0:40 odds stroke, evens choice
W/D 200

There were only 5 of us. I had a lane to myself, but tried to keep up with Jackie most of the time which helped push me along. It seems like my stroke is getting better which helps the swimming conditioning seem better. Felt good tonight! Hope next Tuesday will be a go too!

Wow!  Look at me!  6 days in a row of orange boxes!  Cool

Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 6.51 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

(Run: Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid-Z2.)

Stayed on canal path. Feet and left knee not feeling great.
Slipped up on the way home keeping HR down. Did a good job except for the last couple of minutes when I was speeding up a bit to get home for dinner.

Bike
  • 1h 40m
  • 23.18 miles
  • -----

(Big Gear
Power
WU: 15'
MS: 12 x 1' - (30" fast, 30" sprint) 3-5' FULL recovery. Start out sitting and pedal very hard getting up to race speed, once you hit 30', STAND UP and REALLY push hard on the sprint for another 30'. This will hurt. A lot. It's supposed too!
CD: 15')

You know, the instructions were correct - it hurt A LOT! These sucked. A LOT!!!

Rob and I rode out from Great Embankment Park on the canal to Genesee Valley Park, around U of R, and back again. I'd never been past Pittsford on the canal before, and was glad to see where it goes. It is paved the entire way which is a real plus.
I got quite a bruise to the ego when Rob passed me on his Mtn. bike on one of my "sprints." Granted, it was my 8th one, and his first, but I still wasn't happy about it. If I don't see some results as far as an improved avg. speed in my upcoming races I think I'm going to pack it in. (Well, maybe not pack it in, but I will curl up into a fetal position and cry!!)

Run
  • 41m
  • -----
  • -----

Didn't keep track of distance; just ran up and down streets in neighborhood. The sprints were a little brutal, but I felt pretty good - like I could maintain the speed for the whole minute each time.
I wore my Adidas shoes - the ones that tend to give me blisters. I think I escaped them this time.
(Run Speed
Speed/Efficiency
WU: 10'
MS: 8x1 minute sprint, with 2' recovery.
CD: 5'

Strength
  • 15m

Core work, most of it with the fitness ball.

Bike
  • 1h 01m 30s
  • 12.66 miles
  • 12.35 Mi/hr

Flat out and back on canal path Fairport to Pittsford.

I'm a little curious about the 203 max HR!! It must have something to do with the jackass in the truck who came up from behind me, revved the engine to go around me, didn't make a complete stop at the stop sign to turn left like I was trying to do, then screeched out into traffic just missing by a fraction of an inch the car coming at him from the left. I made eye contact with him and he really did look like a crazed idiot.
That pretty much set the tone for the entire ride. It seemed like every idiot was out walking on the canal today.

Bike
  • 1h 19m 30s
  • 19.21 miles
  • 14.50 Mi/hr

Nice day for a ride! Supposed to be a flat, easy ride, but didn't take a very easy route. Bike computer giving me a hard time. It went out about half-way through the ride so time is a bit of a guess, and used BT's route feature for mileage. Chain fell off bike about 21 minutes into the ride. Took a few minutes to get it back, but I did it! My hands were caked with grease and I had sliced open my left index finger, but I got it on!!

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.99 miles
  • 08m 01s /Mi

Took a 5+ min "transition" to get myself ready, but turned things into a brick. Tried a Hammer Gel, and after 1 gulp I almost vomited, so I've decided for sure they are not something I want to use for nutrition! Instead had a couple of bites of a snickers Marathon energy bar and some water and was off.

This was also supposed to be an easy Z 1-2 run, but I was feeling good so I stepped up the pace.

It was a good day!

Let's see. I fell asleep at 8 p.m on the couch, moved to the bed at midnight, and got out of it at 7:30 this morning. Darn Bryn. Didn't she know I needed a full 12 HOURS of sleep? Well, I guess I'll have to settle for 11 1/2. Oh well. Wink

Hooray!! I'm # 199/199 officially registered for the 1/2 Tinman!! I got added to the list today. It says my last name is Kameron and first name is Holmes, but who cares, I'm in!! Smile

Ha Ha people. No 6 a.m. workout for me. I don't know when I'll be able to manage 2 whole days in a row! After yesterday I was barely able to pull myself out of bed this morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.

And I keep sneezing and blowing my nose.  I need to take some Claritin.  I must have spring-time allergies.

Kam29's Training Log

May 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance