My plan has Thursdays built into it as off days and I think I'm going to follow that today. 

Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 15.56 miles
  • 14.36 Mi/hr

Put bike on trainer, because I wanted more control over the hill intervals, and was too lazy to put the bike on the car and drive to Mendon Ponds, which is probably where I would have needed to go. Had the bike in the hardest gear and the trainer on resistance #1 for the "hills." Did an extra "hill" (9th) for the heck of it. Rested 2' in between each one.

(Bike Hill Repeats
Strength
WU: 15'
MS: 8x2' up a hill at 65-70 RPMS. Recover on the downhills. HR on the uphills can hit low Z4. Keep HR in Zone 1-2 otherwise.
CD: 15')

Run
  • 24m
  • 2.52 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

After a t-shirt change (I was dripping with sweat after the bike), potty stop, and phone message listen, I went out for the run. It was chillier than I realized so I came back after a couple of min and got a jacket. My left calf muscle seemed tight so I stretched it a bit then went back out.

(Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid-Z2.)

Swim
  • 1h 25m
  • 3499.56 yards
  • -----

Adv/Int workout
W/U 400 choice (I did 100s, 200p, 100k)
4x50 drill
4 x 100
4x50 desc 1-4
M/S
4x50 drill
1x400
4x50 stroke
1x300
4x50 fast
1x200
Kick: 3x150 (50 free, 50 breast, 50 fly)
W/D 200

I didn't feel too peppy at the beginning. I should never look ahead at the workout. Tonight it looked so daunting!
I survived, but did skip 150 of the kick at the end.
It was one of those workouts where you're just glad it's out of the way.

Tongue out

I need an avatar.  It might be time to go shopping for one....  This should be fun! 

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.81 miles
  • 08m 19s /Mi

(Run: Speed
Strength
WU: 10' includes 4x20" strides.
MS: Then 20' tempo run at LT or 5k could be substituted.
CD: 10')

This was a tough one. I averaged about a 7:35 pace for the 20 min tempo run. Mostly on the canal path and through the village. Glad it's out of the way.

Strength
  • 15m

Core work mostly with the fitness ball.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

Check out this link. I was caught on tape one day at the rec ctr!

Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • 15.17 miles
  • 14.92 Mi/hr

(Bike Base
Endurance
Ride on a flat course, just spinning easy. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid Z2)
For the most part I followed the plan. It's hard for me to find an all flat course, plus it's really hard for me to not be consumed with what my MPH is when I'm riding. I need to get rid of the bike computer for awhile I think so I can take it easy when I'm supposed to.

HAPPY MOMMIES DAY TO ALL THE BT MOMMIES!!

(AND THAT INCLUDES ALL OF THE MOMMIES WHO PUT UP WITH THEIR HUBBIES TRI OBSESSIONS!!)

I agreed to run the Lilac 5K next Sunday with my MIL's sister (Rob's aunt, of course). It's her very first running race and she's nearing 60 years old, so I think it's really cool and exciting!! Her running partners kind of backed out on her (they decided to run the 10K instead), so I said I'd go along with her and make sure she's not last (her big fear!) She will be far from last, though. She thinks she can run a 10 min. pace, so I keep trying to convince her that's great, but she's still nervous (of course we can all relate to that, I think...) We drove the course last night to see what it's like. She's one of the most neurotic people I know, so it should be interesting at least, but it will mostly be fun! She kept writing down at every 1/2 mile mark a marker (i.e. fire hydrant in front of yellow house). I'm not really sure how that helps her, but I told her I'd wear my GPS so I could tell her what mile we're at, etc. This will be the first 5K I think I'll actually be excited to run in!! No pressure!

This is, of course, assuming I can still walk after the previous day's du! HA! Wink

Sport
  • Orienteering
  • 2h 00m

This Mama is tired! I don't know if I should officially log it, seeing as I only really walked most of the course, but I orienteered (walked) for 2 hours. There were 10 of us in the group! Me and the kids, Rob's parents, an aunt, and 2 cousins with their 9-month old twin boys. We were a sight. I just walked and let the others point the way. It could count as strength training since I often had Bryn on my shoulders!? Maybe?

Well, anyway, I'm officially pooped. The meet was in Letchworth State Park, about 1 1/2 hour drive. Rob was meet director. On the way home, I had to pull off to close my eyes for 5 or 10 minutes. It was not good. And the kids fought and whined the whole way home. Not only was I tired, I was grumpy. I think I've earned my "day off" tomorrow.

Beautiful day to be out, though! That park is really something.

Bike
  • 1h 35m
  • -----
  • -----

Out with Rob again! Gotta love babysitters! :)
It was supposed to be a 2 hour easy, flat ride, but I decided I wanted to ride the 10 mile Spring Classic Duathlon course which is very hilly. My bike said I averaged 16.3 mph! Whoopie!!!! We'll see come race day, though, after a couple of miles of running.

After the 37 min jaunt in Mendon Ponds, we packed up the bikes again and headed to Pittsford for the canal path. We did the remainder on the flat course, but decided we were really too tired to make it 2 full hours so we just called it a night. This is my 7th day in a row without an official day off, though, so I didn't feel too bad cutting things short. I need an 80 min run tomorrow. We're headed to Letchworth for an orienteering meet tomorrow, so maybe I'll get my run in while I'm there. We'll see, but I do need to find a real day off soon! Who knew I'd ever say that!?!?!

Kam29's Training Log

May 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance