Run
  • 31m 34s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 10m 11s /Mi

Ran with Aunt Debbie in her first 5K race, and, according to her, her last! Ha!
I think she did great! Heck, she won her AG! Double Ha! Just hang with me and I'll hook you up with some hardware! :)

Yellow Jacket Racing is KILLING me by not posting the splits yet!! Don't they know I NEED them?!?

RR posted! 

Bike
  • 1h 11m 21s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 16.82 Mi/hr

Combined time of 2 bikes
B1: 35:23
B2: 35:58

Run
  • 40m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m /Mi

Combined time of 3 separate runs
R1: 16:27
R2: 8:27
R3: 15:06

Sport
  • Transitions
  • 02m 39s

4 separate transitions
:45, :42, :31, :41

I made it!! I survived!! I did better than survive!! I'm so flippin' pleased with my race!! It probably couldn't have gone much better.

Time: 1:54:09 (sorry Ridgelake!! - not really!) ;)

1st in AG too! (I think there were only 2 of us in my ag, though!)

Regardless, I came home with a cute little trophy! :)

RR will come later tonight probably after Yellow Jacket posts the splits.

I think my first 10 mile bike avg was 16.6, and then I think it was faster the 2nd time 'cuz the bike computer had the new average at 16.8 (I didn't clear it out for the second bike portion)!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOO! That's what I really wanted to see - if I'd improved my cycling skills, speed, etc. I was really proud of myself for how I did on the bike. I actually FELT stronger on the second bike leg!! It was awesome! Cool

Feeling better today. Got in bed by 9, asleep by 9:30. A decent night's sleep, even though Bryn seems to have regressed and has been getting back in bed with us in the middle of the night. I thought we had the problem solved, but she's a persistent little person.

I'll pick up my packet today for tomorrow's du. So far I'm not nervous about it. I've told myself that it's just a training session. No pushing myself to nausea! My goal will be to relax and focus on me, not the others (who will be passing me left and right on the bike, but I don't care....) I don't want to push it too hard on the runs. Especially the first 2. I think I'll wear the GPS so I can see what my run pace is. I don't want to go over an 8 min run (preferably an 8:30) for the first 2 miler. The second run, a 1 mile, I'll take it easy too because this year I have to GET BACK ON THE BIKE!! Last year I just did the sprint and was done after the 1 miler.

I don't have any particular strategy on the bike - just to survive. I'll probably push myself as much as possible on both bike parts and only really push myself to run on the last 2 mile. I remember really struggling during last year's 2nd run, so it will be interesting to see if I've improved at all. I hope to have something left in the gas tank for the last 2 mile so I can pick up the pace to the finish line!

Another goal of mine is to work on my nutrition during the race, but I don't have a strategy for that yet. That's an area where I really don't know enough about it yet. It seems many people eat gels, but seriously, every time I try one I think I'm going to vomit, so that's not an option. I might have an extra water bottle at transition with some sort of powerade mix in it and down some of that before I leave. We'll see. It should be interesting to say the least! Laughing

MY GOAL TIME: 1:57:22 (1 sec faster than Ridgelake's time last year!!) Tongue out

11:45: Picked up the du race packet! Fleet Feet does a fantastic job with these things! You should see the shirt AND hat AND water bottle in the bag! I paid $35 reg. fee but I'm sure the Asics shirt would retail for at least that much. I don't usually wear hats, but I'll consider wearing this one. It's a nice mesh runner's one. They are both orange too, which I like. I just wish I'd asked for a large shirt instead of the medium...

Tried to reg for the Lilac 5K too, but they (Medved) don't take debit/credit cards for it, and I never have cash. Guess I'll be back there later today!

My plan has Thursdays built into it as off days and I think I'm going to follow that today. 

Bike
  • 1h 05m
  • 15.56 miles
  • 14.36 Mi/hr

Put bike on trainer, because I wanted more control over the hill intervals, and was too lazy to put the bike on the car and drive to Mendon Ponds, which is probably where I would have needed to go. Had the bike in the hardest gear and the trainer on resistance #1 for the "hills." Did an extra "hill" (9th) for the heck of it. Rested 2' in between each one.

(Bike Hill Repeats
Strength
WU: 15'
MS: 8x2' up a hill at 65-70 RPMS. Recover on the downhills. HR on the uphills can hit low Z4. Keep HR in Zone 1-2 otherwise.
CD: 15')

Run
  • 24m
  • 2.52 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

After a t-shirt change (I was dripping with sweat after the bike), potty stop, and phone message listen, I went out for the run. It was chillier than I realized so I came back after a couple of min and got a jacket. My left calf muscle seemed tight so I stretched it a bit then went back out.

(Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2, no higher than mid-Z2.)

Swim
  • 1h 25m
  • 3499.56 yards
  • -----

Adv/Int workout
W/U 400 choice (I did 100s, 200p, 100k)
4x50 drill
4 x 100
4x50 desc 1-4
M/S
4x50 drill
1x400
4x50 stroke
1x300
4x50 fast
1x200
Kick: 3x150 (50 free, 50 breast, 50 fly)
W/D 200

I didn't feel too peppy at the beginning. I should never look ahead at the workout. Tonight it looked so daunting!
I survived, but did skip 150 of the kick at the end.
It was one of those workouts where you're just glad it's out of the way.

Tongue out

I need an avatar.  It might be time to go shopping for one....  This should be fun! 

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.81 miles
  • 08m 19s /Mi

(Run: Speed
Strength
WU: 10' includes 4x20" strides.
MS: Then 20' tempo run at LT or 5k could be substituted.
CD: 10')

This was a tough one. I averaged about a 7:35 pace for the 20 min tempo run. Mostly on the canal path and through the village. Glad it's out of the way.

Strength
  • 15m

Core work mostly with the fitness ball.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

Check out this link. I was caught on tape one day at the rec ctr!

Kam29's Training Log

May 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance