• 41m
  • -----
  • -----

Didn't keep track of distance; just ran up and down streets in neighborhood. The sprints were a little brutal, but I felt pretty good - like I could maintain the speed for the whole minute each time.
I wore my Adidas shoes - the ones that tend to give me blisters. I think I escaped them this time.
(Run Speed
WU: 10'
MS: 8x1 minute sprint, with 2' recovery.
CD: 5'

  • 15m

Core work, most of it with the fitness ball.

  • 1h 01m 30s
  • 12.66 miles
  • 12.35 Mi/hr

Flat out and back on canal path Fairport to Pittsford.

I'm a little curious about the 203 max HR!! It must have something to do with the jackass in the truck who came up from behind me, revved the engine to go around me, didn't make a complete stop at the stop sign to turn left like I was trying to do, then screeched out into traffic just missing by a fraction of an inch the car coming at him from the left. I made eye contact with him and he really did look like a crazed idiot.
That pretty much set the tone for the entire ride. It seemed like every idiot was out walking on the canal today.

  • 1h 19m 30s
  • 19.21 miles
  • 14.50 Mi/hr

Nice day for a ride! Supposed to be a flat, easy ride, but didn't take a very easy route. Bike computer giving me a hard time. It went out about half-way through the ride so time is a bit of a guess, and used BT's route feature for mileage. Chain fell off bike about 21 minutes into the ride. Took a few minutes to get it back, but I did it! My hands were caked with grease and I had sliced open my left index finger, but I got it on!!

  • 40m
  • 4.99 miles
  • 08m 01s /Mi

Took a 5+ min "transition" to get myself ready, but turned things into a brick. Tried a Hammer Gel, and after 1 gulp I almost vomited, so I've decided for sure they are not something I want to use for nutrition! Instead had a couple of bites of a snickers Marathon energy bar and some water and was off.

This was also supposed to be an easy Z 1-2 run, but I was feeling good so I stepped up the pace.

It was a good day!

Let's see. I fell asleep at 8 p.m on the couch, moved to the bed at midnight, and got out of it at 7:30 this morning. Darn Bryn. Didn't she know I needed a full 12 HOURS of sleep? Well, I guess I'll have to settle for 11 1/2. Oh well. Wink


Hooray!! I'm # 199/199 officially registered for the 1/2 Tinman!! I got added to the list today. It says my last name is Kameron and first name is Holmes, but who cares, I'm in!! Smile

Ha Ha people. No 6 a.m. workout for me. I don't know when I'll be able to manage 2 whole days in a row! After yesterday I was barely able to pull myself out of bed this morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day.


And I keep sneezing and blowing my nose.  I need to take some Claritin.  I must have spring-time allergies.

  • 30m 46s
  • 3.69 miles
  • 08m 20s /Mi

Ran from home to Rec ctr, swam, then ran home again.
To time: 16:16
From time: 14:30
HR is an average of the 2 separate runs.

  • 43m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 09s /100 yards

Rec ctr pool at 6 am!
Improvised BT w/o
W/U 400 (200 swim, 100 kick, 100 pull)
6x50, 15" rest
MS: 300 TT (did in 5:04)
7x100, 15" rest
Kick 100
W/D 200

Swam in this pool all last year, so it was good to get back in a yard pool to see if I'd improved. I was/am very happy with my 300 yard time!! Especially since I wasn't pushing off the wall as hard as I usually do due to the HR monitor slipping or pulling away every time I did.
I was expecting a 5:30ish time. 5:04 was really awesome for me! :) I did the 300 at the Pittsford Tri last year in 4:54. So I'm right on target for that or better I think.

Can't make it to tonight's Master's swim, so had to pull myself together for a good morning workout! I think I could get used to this. I was up at 5:15, left at 5:40.

I could really get used to it if my sweet hubby keeps doing what he did for me this morning - made me coffee, put together a fresh fruit bowl of strawberries and oranges for me, made my oatmeal, and picked a tulip from the garden and had it in a vase all by the time I had gotten home! Ain't he sweet?!?! Kiss


"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything." -Scott Reed


2:45 pm:  Some of you may know, but my daughter is 3 1/2 and loves to dance!  She takes lessons 1x/wk, but could do it daily and would be happy.  Anyway, she had an observation day today for the parents (so cute) and we received the recital outfit (it looks like a bundle of cotton candy in the bag!).  Not only did we receive the outfit, but instructions on what to use and how to apply MAKEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to be the mother of freakin' Jon Benet!   I couldn't believe it!  She suggested eyeliner and mascara, eye shadow, lipstick and blush!!!  I can hardly apply this stuff to myself, let alone my 3 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm a little flabbergasted.  I'm sure I'll oblige, but I think I'm going to try her out in soccer next. 

    • 47m
    • 11.71 miles
    • -----

    Out on the canal towards Pittsford and back again. Uneventful.

    Triathlons are like a poker game. Only you know what you have!

    1/2 Tinman registration form is in the mail!

    • 1h 00m
    • 5.57 miles
    • -----

    Ran with Rob on trails in Powder Mills Park and along a little bit of the Irondequoit Creek Trail. Time and distance are approximate. We stopped a couple of times to look at things along the trail, and Rob left me for a short period (with the GPS on) so he could run a hill while I happily stayed on a flat trail.
    Knees and ankles a little sore/stiff. It was probably good we ran on soft trails.

    I'm going to try to get on the trainer this morning for the 30 min bike I missed yesterday. (I fell asleep with Bryn and didn't wake up until after 9, then laid on the couch and watched a show about Mormons - that was my exciting night...)

    I think I've noticed a pattern that I cannot do more than 4 days in a row without a rest day. I'm just too pooped. That was my yesterday.

    no bike today either. just forget it.

    8:15 am: I still haven't received an e-mail with the registration form for Tinman. I'm getting antsy, Rob says to be patient. I think I'm going to hound them if I haven't gotten anything by lunch time.

    4 pm: I hounded her 2 times today. Got the 1st response, but no attachment with reg. form. One more pester and got the results I wanted! Of course, the deadline is today before the $ goes up! (I really need to pay more attention to these things!) I'm going to get it in the mail tomorrow! Then I have to really cut back on the no-training excuses!

    Kam29's Training Log

     May 2007 
       1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31