Run
  • 48m
  • 4.50 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

I ran, so sue me. ;)
Four ibuprofen work wonders on knee pain! (It's time for more now.) Really, my knee felt pretty good most of the time. Near the end I could feel some burning sensations, and Rob's ankles were bothering him, so we stopped short of the planned 60 minute run.

We went to Mendon Ponds and rain a mixture of roads, trails and fields. Of course hills, but really nothing too steep, and I made sure to not push it too much. Forgot HR monitor, but pace was obviously slow.

Excellent evening with my hubby. Topped it off with a delicious sub sandwich eaten at a nice park, followed by a large, gooey, chocolaty brownie! Yum yum!

Swim
  • 33m
  • 1870.08 yards
  • 01m 46s /100 yards

Met Dudley, Ken and Mike (Hall) this morning a little after 6 (I was late, sorry). Water was a bit choppy, but felt pretty good. Dudley wished he had his wetsuit! It was a good swim for me. In one of Bob Stocks' blogs he suggested not crossing midline in order to correct problems with swimming straight. It certainly helped me! I focused on making sure my right arm stayed out, and I swam a lot straighter than I have been. Thank you Bob!

BEEEEUUUUTIFUL DAY!

OMG my knee hurts soooooo badly right now!! I told Ken before we left the lake that I must have done something to my knee in the water, but wasn't sure what. I really don't remember anything specific, but the pain has been increasing all afternoon. I took an Aleve, but it's done nothing for me. Maybe I'll try a 2nd one, and stop gardening... aaahhhhhh!! I'd planned on an hour run this evening too! Yell

Bike
  • 1h 02m 01s
  • 14.81 miles
  • 14.33 Mi/hr

Canal path to Pittsford, then got on 31 and took it back into Fairport where I got back on the canal path and home again. Some hills.
I've just recently realized that maybe I should set some HR zones for cycling. I've never really thought it was necessary, but maybe I will just to see. I think running HR zones are more useful (for me).

(Bike Base
Endurance
Ride on a flat course. Keep HR in Zone 1-2.)

Strength
  • 10m

Pumping my graphs!
Spent some time on the fitness ball doing a little bit of ab work. Also did some push-ups. I need to get back to doing this stuff!

Well, that was easier than I thought it would be. I just looked at HR data from previous hard rides. Interestingly enough, the highest HR I could find was from the Tupper Lake 1/2 Tinman 2 weeks ago! (As it should be - I knew I was working hard!) MAX HR 163! So now I have some zones set up. About time!

So, technically, I went into Z4 on this ride, when I was supposed to keep it Z1-2. I don't know if it can be done. I'd have to walk the bike up a hill to keep out of the high HR zones I think. At least this gives me something to think about now on my rides.

Bike
  • 50m
  • 12.70 miles
  • 15.24 Mi/hr

Dropped off kids and left from there for an out and back on a very hilly course.
I forgot my bike computer - BT route tracker says ~12.7 miles and 492' of climb. I felt pretty good even with the heat. I managed to take a chunk out of the palm of my right ring finger as I was switching gears. I pushed down on the lever right onto the skin and OW!!!! Lots of blood too. I just moved a band-aid over from the finger next to it!

I sliced vertically right into my nail yesterday reaching into my sewing box. That was very painful and a lot of blood too. I'm still not sure what I got myself on. Oh, and I got stung by a bee yesterday too... It took a ride on my shirt into the building where I was picking up Bryn and got me good near my right hip. I need to start wearing a suit of armor!

Run
  • 17m
  • -----
  • -----

Drove over to watch Tyler at soccer camp, then got bored so I ran until I had to pick him up.
I'm using the term "run" loosely. It's too damn hot out there to run. I trotted. No HR monitor, but I could tell it was elevated even on the flats.

Both kids' first day at camp, the only week of the entire summer I managed to get them BOTH in a camp at the same time, and what do I do?!?!  Dishes and straighten the house up....  boring...  It was an hour and a half of bliss, though!  Smile
Bike
  • 44m 14s
  • 11.82 miles
  • 16.03 Mi/hr

After an entire week of being apart, my ass and my bike seat had a joyful reunion! It was quite touching... ;)
I rode on the canal for part of the ride, but at least half of it was on rolling hills. Got caught in the wind and rain, but it was still a good ride.
(Bike Base
Recovery
Ride on a flat course. Keep HR in Zone 1-2.)

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • -----
  • -----

This was a fairly flat course with a couple of gradual hills. Half on canal path. Didn't do a great job keeping HR in check. Had THREE bobbystocks stops!! I almost ended the run after the 3rd one, but only had 17 more min left so toughed it out. I had felt a little nauseous prior to this last stop, but it subsided. Not sure why. It was a decent run even with all of the little aggravating "issues."

(Run Base
Endurance
Run on a flat course or treadmill. Keep HR in Zone 1-2)

I imported a new training plan last night - basic Olympic, 12 week.  It's set up for the Finger Lakes Oly.   Need a 90 min bike today according to plan.  Only time to do it probably was early morning.  I laid in bed and enjoyed that comfort more than the thought of getting on the bike....  Now that is NO WAY to get better on the bike - lying there THINKING about it!!    Oh how I wish I were a morning person.

3 hour baby shower today which is a 2 hour drive away.  My day is essentially shot.

Plus side is that it's for a cousin who has tried to have a baby for nearly 10 years and is finally able to adopt a baby from Guatemala!!!!  He's 6 months old now and they are waiting for the call to go get him.  I can't imagine what they must feel!!!!!   

Well, I decided I love getting chastised so much that I went ahead and learned how to use IrfanView to make more of my photos uploadable!!  There's more in the Tinman album now.  Enjoy!

Kam29's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance