• 32m
  • 1300.00 yards
  • -----

Went to the rec ctr with the family and Rob played with the kids while I got my 30 minutes in. Tyler swam at least 4 lengths with me during my warm-up, one was butterfly. Bryn tried to do a 50 kick with me at the very end, but she still needs to work a bit on that. She likes to bend her knees too much still, and it must be hard trying to hold onto a kick board that's half your size.

I did some drill work tonight which I haven't done in awhile. I did another 300 yard time trial and clocked a 4:50 this time. I think that's 8 seconds faster. I'll have to double check.

  • 1h 02m 19s
  • 6.46 miles
  • 09m 39s /Mi

2 miles easy (10:21 avg pace)
3 miles Tempo (8:59 avg pace)
1.46 miles easy (10:01 avg pace)

Nice run. Great morning, just a little chilly. Stopped once for a potty break at my in-laws, but otherwise felt fine. My foot is doing well with the mole skin too.

Well, today seems to be a win-win situation for me and my job.  I was going to turn down a sub position today, but they didn't call for one anyway, so all is well!  Smile  I was feeling the pressure of having a lot of little things build up that I just need to take care of, so now I've got a bit more time to do them.  Plus, I can get my run in this morning!  Laughing

  • 40m
  • -----
  • -----

Up and down 3 lowest gears. Kept a high cadence.
Decent sweat.

Found this posted on the race's Facebook page

There are 17 fluid stations along the course - at approximately 2 mile intervals until mile 18, and then every mile thereafter. Stations will serve Gatorade Endurance Formula and water. The gel will be Hammer Gel, and it will be available near miles 14 and 23 (23 is mile 10 on the half marathon course). And yes, this will all be in your race day packet as well! Good luck!!

  • 51m 19s
  • 4.89 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

5x1K w/ 400m rest interval
10' c/d

I really dislike treadmills. And the battery in my music player died, so I was stuck watching the Today show. bah. This was an uninspired run. I plodded through it, setting the 1K pace at 9:05 for the 1st 3, then at 8:27 for the last 2. I didn't have time to finish the cooldown, but at least I got the meat of it done.

This photo cracks me up!!  Rob and Bryn went to the Cincinnatti Zoo, and she's standing in front of a large exhibit of some sort of cockroaches.  That's her "grossed out" face I guess.  Smile

I had my interview.  It went the way I kind of figured it would.  There were 5 very nice women sitting around me, asking me questions.  I asked detailed questions about the specific responsibilities of the position.  Then I got very frank with them, which is really the only way I know how to be in times such as this.  I said I thought I was in over my head for the position.  If it was a supervisory position spcifically for the autism program, then I might be more confident about it.  But the position as it is is beyond my confidence level.  If they are ever hiring for regular special ed. providers, then please give me a call.  They thanked me for my honesty, and everything ended pleasantly.  The end.  I feel a little bummed, like I WISH I were qualified enough for it, but also a little relieved because it just really was not what I was looking for to begin with.  I'll keep trying.  But I know I've got the sub position, since I've already been called for tomorrow!  yippee!  Tongue out  And at least I don't have a job that seriously interferes with my training.  Come on.  I've got my priorities ya' know!

8:30 a.m.  What's up with the weather???  I did not appreciate waking up to snow on the ground.  At all. 
I guess I'll go to the rec ctr to get in my run.  I need to do a T/Th/Sat schedule this week because of the Easter holiday.  I wouldn't mind running outside, but the wind is what's stopping me.

I have my 2nd interview at 12 today.  I'm not sure what to think of it.  I feel like I'll be interviewing them as much as they will interview me.  But, after the day I had yesterday, I'm starting to want this job more and more.  

Yesterday was the first day where I came home and had to blow off steam to Rob.  (poor Rob).  It's just a ridiculous classroom.  Last week I subbed in that room as a teacher.  And I didn't like it.  Yesterday I subbed as a para and I thought that would be good so I could see how the teacher runs the room.  Well, that's the problem.  The teacher doesn't run the room.  There is absolutely no focus, no schedule, no routine.  Nothing.  He's seemed to have checked out, so to speak.  I couldn't wait for the day to end.  Looooooong day.

  • 1h 59m 43s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Well, I am a bit puzzled with route tracker/Garmin. My Garmin said I did 13. Trying to upload it to route tracker is telling me I did 13.12. I like that much better, obviously. I dunno. I had intended on doing 13.1, and based my turnaround point on that number. I've always wondered how accurate the Garmin is really.

The run was outstanding. I felt really good. Probably too good. I really pushed it. The run was supposed to be "Planned Marathon Pace" which I've always focused on the nice, round number of 10'. But today I felt like running faster so I just went with it. By the end (last 2 miles) I was starting to wish I hadn't started out so fast, but I was not going to slow down! NEVER! :) I added several hills to this run as well which almost did me in too. I am as determined as I can be to be as ready as possible for the marathon.

I know I started the plan late, and I missed 2 runs completely, and I shortchanged a couple of runs (can't remember if it was 2 or 3 altogether), but I feel like I've done as well as I could have to prepare.

My Garmin is giving me some worrisome issues.  I think it's on it's last legs.  It doesn't want to charge for me.  I have to plan a route that I know will be 13 miles just in case the thing craps out on me.  I'll have to start borrowing Rob's once he's back in town.

I feel sooooo badly for Rob....  He called me last night at about 7:30 to tell me had totally LOST his car key.  Completely lost.  He'd looked everywhere.  He was stuck at a park with Bryn, on the outskirts of Cincinnatti.  All of his friends from orienteering had left already so he didn't have anyone around to help him (unless you want to count a 5 year old dance-a-holic as help.)  He'd already contacted the insurance company and they were sending someone out.  Last I talked to him, the guy was trying to finish up reattaching the door handle and reprogramming the computer system for the new key.  The guy told him it would cost (hold your breath everyone....) $450.......  I still can't believe it could cost that much.  Geico will only cover $100 of is supposedly.  That's quite an expensive mistake..... 

I never told you that Rob also got a speeding ticket on our drive up to LP  last month too.  So, my 1st paycheck basically went to that $200 mistake, and I'm sure my next paycheck will cover this one.  Thank goodness I went back to work.  Undecided

  • 15m
  • 450.00 yards
  • -----

I took the boys swimming with the intention of getting in about a 1/2 hour of lap swimming. However, the place was packed and, on top of it all, they had "The Rock" set up in the middle of the deep end of the lap pool. It's a big inflatable slide you climb up and slide down. I managed to get in a few 50's, but had to watch out for the rope tying "The Rock" down. I did dolphin dives when I came up to it.
This was great practice for OWS tris. I had to dodge some Marco Polo game too. :)

I did manage to secure my in-laws for tomorrow afternoon for my 13 miler!!  Laughing

Kam29's Training Log

 April 2009 
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30