• 56m 09s
  • 6.96 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

Pace run around Balboa park.

Swim
  • 39m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 01m 46s /100 yards

Great swim- really worked on pulling hard through the water. Form felt ok, but my hips would sink if I stopped thinking about them.

Sport #1
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m

After my run. Not any more flexible than Monday.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 25m

After my run. Not any more flexible than Monday.

The weather forecast for the century has improved! As of yesterday, there was a chance of rain with winds up to 25mph and temperatures as low as 28, high of 58. Today, they say that the wind and rain are supposed to hold off, so now it's just the cold that will suck, but I'm already used to that. I'm super relieved about no wind! Now I'm actually excited for the century... except for the part where I have to climb almost 3,000 feet over 40miles.... :)

Hopefully I'll get a swim in after work.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 54m 17s
  • 14.25 miles
  • 15.75 Mi/hr

Did some hills workouts- practiced getting out of my saddle more. Now that my knees don't hurt, climbing doesn't feel as bad and I want to start working on it more because that is the ONLY strength I have as a cyclist. I also have to get my HR higher- I zone out a lot while riding, and just go easy, but if I focus more on my HR, maybe I'll actually push myself like I do running.

Run
  • 16m 31s
  • 2.08 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

Omigosh- a brick!! I really tested my knees today, hills and a brick workout. I didn't want to go for long because technically I'm 'tapering' for my century, but I wanted to make sure that I still knew what a brick felt like. Maybe I should do this more often- my HR was lower and my speed was up- weird!

Sport
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m
Happy hump day! I know I should be tapering a bit more for this century ride, but my body just feels so good this week that I can't help going out and exercising! :) I'm a dork

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 59m 26s
  • 7.22 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Hilly canyon run- downhill hurt more then uphill, but I got my HR up to 175, so I felt like I was pushing the big hills. Overall great run- felt strong the whole time. I love it when a 7 mile run seems 'short' :)

Swim
  • 28m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

There- I made it to the pool! I dread the actually going to the gym, but once I get there, I really do enjoy swimming, especially when I get a rhythm going and I feel like I'm gliding well.
wu: 200 pull
main: 3x400
cd: 200 pull, 100 more just for fun

Sport
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m
Last night was so great- I love not having any applications hanging over my head anymore. I got to run some errands, bake some yummy lasagna, do some yoga and then relax watching hockey and have a beer- all guilt free. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't go to grad school afterall... ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Sport #1
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m

Tried out the MTV power yoga DVD. I am the most inflexible person in the world and I also can't balance worth crap. It was fun though, and I made it through the whole workout- my arms and shoulders are a million times stronger than they were when I was 'just' a marathon runner. See- even the little bit of swimming I do has gotten me somewhere!

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Tried out the MTV power yoga DVD. I am the most inflexible person in the world and I also can't balance worth crap. It was fun though, and I made it through the whole workout- my arms and shoulders are a million times stronger than they were when I was 'just' a marathon runner. See- even the little bit of swimming I do has gotten me somewhere!

Rest day today. My legs don't feel too terrible, all things considered, but I need my body recovered for the century on Saturday, so this week will be a recovery week. Happy Monday everyone!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 10
Bike
  • 4h 22m 21s
  • 67.24 miles
  • 15.38 Mi/hr

What a day to cap off a ridiculous week of training! I rode with Tom (madcow) up to Escondido, through the Elfin forest, up to Carlsbad, then back down the coast. The wind was ridiculous- at one point Tom was laughing because I had my bike in the easiest gear going DOWNHILL- the wind was that strong- gusts up to 25mph. There were a lot of hills throughout the whole ride, and after each hill, Tom kept saying, I think this is the last big climb ;) hehe. The day was absolutely gorgeous. It started out damn cold, and we both froze our fingers off for the first hour. After that, it was a perfect temperature and the sky was as clear as it can ever be in SD. The ocean was the most vibrant color I have ever seen it, and although I was exhausted by the end, it was an amazing day to be out enjoying life. Great ride overall, even if Tom kicked my butt, and as always, it was a pleasure riding with him. If that ride doesn't prepare me for the century, I don't know what could.

I am exhausted and will now fall asleep for the rest of the week... I will never fit 2 weekends worth of workouts in one week, that was dumb. Thank god I still have my knees. After the century, my bike and I might need to take a break from each other for a week or so, cause I think my boyfriend is jealous of the time I'm spending with him :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 3.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 2h 17m
  • 15.51 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

Long slow run around mission bay and mission beach. Beautiful day for a run- sunny and 60 with tons of people out exercising. It was a bit windy around the bay, and I felt like I was running into the wind the whole time. My legs felt heavy the entire run, probably because I wasn't able to do last weekends long run and ride till Monday and Tuesday, but all things considered, the run wasn't that bad.

This was my longest run since my last marathon, and the best part about it was that I didn't think about my knees once. There hasn't been a twinge in about 2 weeks while running or biking, and I'm confident that all my knee issues are resolved.

I got a new saddle today- a Terry Butterfly- best part was that it was $30 off! I love a good deal.

Tonight should be fun, my friend is having a big birthday bash and then another friend has a free show at a bar right by our place! I'm supposed to ride 70miles tomorrow with madcow, so hopefully I'll get a few hours of sleep in there!

Bike
    • 1h 19m 45s
    • 20.19 miles
    • 15.19 Mi/hr

Very slow- extremely windy out. Should've used my trainer instead.

Happy Friday!!  I love 3 day weeks.  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9

jazz82482's Training Log

January 2007 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31   

Time
    Distance