Run
  • 1h 44m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 08m 40s /Mi

Crappy run. Yesterday I didn't have any time to do my long run, and I thought it would be smart to take a day off after the century. My legs didn't hurt at all, which I thought was weird, so I thought I would be fine today. As soon as I started running I felt very fatigued, esp. in my quads (go figure!). I was planning on going 13mi, but my legs hurt after 3, so I took 1 mile off. I stopped a few times to stretch my quads, but they were just not happy- oh well. Also, I think I spent too much time in the cold on Saturday and I'm getting a cough. Jeesh, I guess I'll stop complaining now!

Race report is up! http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=64021 Happy MLK day!! What a busy weekend! That century ride was crazy! I had a ton of fun hanging out with Mike and Tom and I'm so glad I decided to do the ride, even though it was a friggin sufferfest. I'm also glad we finished the whole ride, even though the skin on my hands are still a funny shade of blue from being so cold. After the century, I went out to dinner with my co-workers at an Italian place and replenished any of the lost calories from the ride. It was delicious! Ryan and I spent the whole day on Sunday at the bar with friends watching football. It was a good time, except I wish the Chargers hadn't screwed up so badly. Last night, we had about 8 friends over to play some poker and some of them ended up staying and chatting till 2am! It was great to hang out, and even better to sleep in this morning. Now I just want to sit on my butt and do nothing for a while, and enjoy the rest of my vacation day! Hope everyone else had a great weekend, and I'll come say hi soon :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 2
Bike
  • 5h 57m
  • 93.00 miles
  • 15.63 Mi/hr
I'm very busy- I'll write my 'race' report later. Overall, it was a great ride, and we had a ton of fun. Unfortunately, it was absolutely freezing- I've never been that cold before, even skiing in vermont in -15 degree weather. The temp. started out at 40 and got COLDER for the whole day. Someone said it was 30 at one point. That just sucks. The ride ended up being only 96 miles, but oh well, close enough :) My garmin died at mile 80, so I have to wait for Mike to get the official distance and time, but for the first 80 miles, we averaged 15.4mph, which isn't so bad, all things considered. The route was pretty tough- the climbs were a lot bigger than I thought, and when we turned around to go mainly downhill, we had a cold, nasty headwind. Oh yeah- drafting is my new favorite thing :) Alright, I have to go watch some football- go Chargers (its fun being a fair weather fan!) ...more later

Bike
  • 31m 51s
  • 8.36 miles
  • 15.75 Mi/hr

Quick spin around the block to get my legs and butt ready for the century tomorrow. Weather forecast still looks decent- 57 and sunny, with hardly any wind. I can't wait- it'll be an adventure!! :)

Woo-hoo it's Friday, and it's a 3-day weekend!!! It should be an exciting weekend- the century ride tomorrow, a pasta dinner party afterwards with co-workers, and Sunday night we're having a poker party at our place. I can't wait!

Here's the elevation profile for the century- eek! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 56m 09s
  • 6.96 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

Pace run around Balboa park.

Swim
  • 39m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 01m 46s /100 yards

Great swim- really worked on pulling hard through the water. Form felt ok, but my hips would sink if I stopped thinking about them.

Sport #1
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m

After my run. Not any more flexible than Monday.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 25m

After my run. Not any more flexible than Monday.

The weather forecast for the century has improved! As of yesterday, there was a chance of rain with winds up to 25mph and temperatures as low as 28, high of 58. Today, they say that the wind and rain are supposed to hold off, so now it's just the cold that will suck, but I'm already used to that. I'm super relieved about no wind! Now I'm actually excited for the century... except for the part where I have to climb almost 3,000 feet over 40miles.... :)

Hopefully I'll get a swim in after work.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 54m 17s
  • 14.25 miles
  • 15.75 Mi/hr

Did some hills workouts- practiced getting out of my saddle more. Now that my knees don't hurt, climbing doesn't feel as bad and I want to start working on it more because that is the ONLY strength I have as a cyclist. I also have to get my HR higher- I zone out a lot while riding, and just go easy, but if I focus more on my HR, maybe I'll actually push myself like I do running.

Run
  • 16m 31s
  • 2.08 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

Omigosh- a brick!! I really tested my knees today, hills and a brick workout. I didn't want to go for long because technically I'm 'tapering' for my century, but I wanted to make sure that I still knew what a brick felt like. Maybe I should do this more often- my HR was lower and my speed was up- weird!

Sport
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m
Happy hump day! I know I should be tapering a bit more for this century ride, but my body just feels so good this week that I can't help going out and exercising! :) I'm a dork

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 59m 26s
  • 7.22 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Hilly canyon run- downhill hurt more then uphill, but I got my HR up to 175, so I felt like I was pushing the big hills. Overall great run- felt strong the whole time. I love it when a 7 mile run seems 'short' :)

Swim
  • 28m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

There- I made it to the pool! I dread the actually going to the gym, but once I get there, I really do enjoy swimming, especially when I get a rhythm going and I feel like I'm gliding well.
wu: 200 pull
main: 3x400
cd: 200 pull, 100 more just for fun

Sport
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m
Last night was so great- I love not having any applications hanging over my head anymore. I got to run some errands, bake some yummy lasagna, do some yoga and then relax watching hockey and have a beer- all guilt free. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't go to grad school afterall... ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

jazz82482's Training Log

January 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals