Run
  • 2h 17m
  • 15.51 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

Long slow run around mission bay and mission beach. Beautiful day for a run- sunny and 60 with tons of people out exercising. It was a bit windy around the bay, and I felt like I was running into the wind the whole time. My legs felt heavy the entire run, probably because I wasn't able to do last weekends long run and ride till Monday and Tuesday, but all things considered, the run wasn't that bad.

This was my longest run since my last marathon, and the best part about it was that I didn't think about my knees once. There hasn't been a twinge in about 2 weeks while running or biking, and I'm confident that all my knee issues are resolved.

I got a new saddle today- a Terry Butterfly- best part was that it was $30 off! I love a good deal.

Tonight should be fun, my friend is having a big birthday bash and then another friend has a free show at a bar right by our place! I'm supposed to ride 70miles tomorrow with madcow, so hopefully I'll get a few hours of sleep in there!

Bike
    • 1h 19m 45s
    • 20.19 miles
    • 15.19 Mi/hr

Very slow- extremely windy out. Should've used my trainer instead.

Happy Friday!!  I love 3 day weeks.  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
    Run
    • 1h 17m 17s
    • 9.63 miles
    • 08m 02s /Mi

Great run overall. It felt good to push the pace a bit, helped get the crap out of my legs.

Goal pace run- 1mile wu 8:30mm/ 3.5mi gp: 7:53mm/ 1mile easy 8:27mm/ 2.5mi gp: 7:52mm/ 1.3mile cool down 8:30min/mile.

I'm so excited about my trainer that I might just have to check it out tonight!  I'm also thinking about getting new tires for my bike so maybe the century won't be so tough on my heavy armadillo tires. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
    Swim
    • 30m
    • 1600.00 yards
    • 01m 53s /100 yards

Time is approximate- I forgot my watch. The swim didn't feel too bad considering I haven't even thought about a pool in 2 weeks, er, 2 months? I was tempted to bring my wetsuit just cause I can't wait to try it out!

Strength
    • 25m

Not only did I swim, but I lifted weights! I didn't want to overdo it, so I only did a few sets of biceps and shoulders, as well as doing core.

Sport
    • Commuter Cycling
    • 12m

I love craigslist! I found a mag trainer on there today for $35!! No more 37 degree AM rides for this girl! The lady that sold it to me is also doing the stagecoach century and her and her husband don't even own a car- how cool! I thought we were 'green' cause we only have 1 car- but they've got zero cars and like 10 bikes!

My legs are destroyed today, so biking to work is about all the exercise they'll get. I intend to go swimming later, but we'll see. Back to work :(

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
    Bike
    • 5h 08m 03s
    • 80.65 miles
    • 15.71 Mi/hr

Woo-hoo- my longest bike ride to date! I woke up pretty sore from my run yesterday, but once I got on my bike, it wasn't too bad- especially since I haven't been on my bike in over a week. I rode along the coast all the way up to Carlsbad. The only interesting thing to happen was that I almost got hit by a house! I had to jump off my bike, lift my bike over a guardrail and hop over to the other side as a giant house was towed over a very narrow stretch of road- very strange. Overall, the ride went pretty well, but I didn't have enough fluids or food. I think I'm ready to tackle the century, but I'm still really nervous about it!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
    Run
    • 2h 06m 33s
    • 14.29 miles
    • 08m 52s /Mi

Great way to start off the new year- a nice long, slow run :) My HR was finally back to normal and although I ran a lot slower than normal, it felt better than in CO. I can def. tell that I've been eating and drinking like crap for the past 10 days and abused my body while skiing.

Happy New Year! We had a blast last night celebrating the new year- what a great way to top off an amazing vacation and an even better year. Now it's time to get serious about training again. I'm done with all my grad school applications so I have a ton more time to go swimming and I may even- gasp- lift! I have tomorrow off so I'm planning on a long bike ride. Happy 2007!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 11 Overall Workout: 3
    Back in SD!  The drive home was way easier than the way there.  Now we're headed to a few New Years party.  Happy New Year everyone!!  Be safe out there :)

jazz82482's Training Log

January 2007 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31   

Time
    Distance
    • July's totals
    • June's totals