Run
  • 59m 26s
  • 7.22 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Hilly canyon run- downhill hurt more then uphill, but I got my HR up to 175, so I felt like I was pushing the big hills. Overall great run- felt strong the whole time. I love it when a 7 mile run seems 'short' :)

Swim
  • 28m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

There- I made it to the pool! I dread the actually going to the gym, but once I get there, I really do enjoy swimming, especially when I get a rhythm going and I feel like I'm gliding well.
wu: 200 pull
main: 3x400
cd: 200 pull, 100 more just for fun

Sport
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m
Last night was so great- I love not having any applications hanging over my head anymore. I got to run some errands, bake some yummy lasagna, do some yoga and then relax watching hockey and have a beer- all guilt free. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't go to grad school afterall... ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Sport #1
  • Commuter Cycling
  • 20m

Tried out the MTV power yoga DVD. I am the most inflexible person in the world and I also can't balance worth crap. It was fun though, and I made it through the whole workout- my arms and shoulders are a million times stronger than they were when I was 'just' a marathon runner. See- even the little bit of swimming I do has gotten me somewhere!

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Tried out the MTV power yoga DVD. I am the most inflexible person in the world and I also can't balance worth crap. It was fun though, and I made it through the whole workout- my arms and shoulders are a million times stronger than they were when I was 'just' a marathon runner. See- even the little bit of swimming I do has gotten me somewhere!

Rest day today. My legs don't feel too terrible, all things considered, but I need my body recovered for the century on Saturday, so this week will be a recovery week. Happy Monday everyone!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 10
Bike
  • 4h 22m 21s
  • 67.24 miles
  • 15.38 Mi/hr

What a day to cap off a ridiculous week of training! I rode with Tom (madcow) up to Escondido, through the Elfin forest, up to Carlsbad, then back down the coast. The wind was ridiculous- at one point Tom was laughing because I had my bike in the easiest gear going DOWNHILL- the wind was that strong- gusts up to 25mph. There were a lot of hills throughout the whole ride, and after each hill, Tom kept saying, I think this is the last big climb ;) hehe. The day was absolutely gorgeous. It started out damn cold, and we both froze our fingers off for the first hour. After that, it was a perfect temperature and the sky was as clear as it can ever be in SD. The ocean was the most vibrant color I have ever seen it, and although I was exhausted by the end, it was an amazing day to be out enjoying life. Great ride overall, even if Tom kicked my butt, and as always, it was a pleasure riding with him. If that ride doesn't prepare me for the century, I don't know what could.

I am exhausted and will now fall asleep for the rest of the week... I will never fit 2 weekends worth of workouts in one week, that was dumb. Thank god I still have my knees. After the century, my bike and I might need to take a break from each other for a week or so, cause I think my boyfriend is jealous of the time I'm spending with him :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 3.5 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 2h 17m
  • 15.51 miles
  • 08m 50s /Mi

Long slow run around mission bay and mission beach. Beautiful day for a run- sunny and 60 with tons of people out exercising. It was a bit windy around the bay, and I felt like I was running into the wind the whole time. My legs felt heavy the entire run, probably because I wasn't able to do last weekends long run and ride till Monday and Tuesday, but all things considered, the run wasn't that bad.

This was my longest run since my last marathon, and the best part about it was that I didn't think about my knees once. There hasn't been a twinge in about 2 weeks while running or biking, and I'm confident that all my knee issues are resolved.

I got a new saddle today- a Terry Butterfly- best part was that it was $30 off! I love a good deal.

Tonight should be fun, my friend is having a big birthday bash and then another friend has a free show at a bar right by our place! I'm supposed to ride 70miles tomorrow with madcow, so hopefully I'll get a few hours of sleep in there!

Bike
    • 1h 19m 45s
    • 20.19 miles
    • 15.19 Mi/hr

Very slow- extremely windy out. Should've used my trainer instead.

Happy Friday!!  I love 3 day weeks.  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9
    Run
    • 1h 17m 17s
    • 9.63 miles
    • 08m 02s /Mi

Great run overall. It felt good to push the pace a bit, helped get the crap out of my legs.

Goal pace run- 1mile wu 8:30mm/ 3.5mi gp: 7:53mm/ 1mile easy 8:27mm/ 2.5mi gp: 7:52mm/ 1.3mile cool down 8:30min/mile.

I'm so excited about my trainer that I might just have to check it out tonight!  I'm also thinking about getting new tires for my bike so maybe the century won't be so tough on my heavy armadillo tires. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
    Swim
    • 30m
    • 1600.00 yards
    • 01m 53s /100 yards

Time is approximate- I forgot my watch. The swim didn't feel too bad considering I haven't even thought about a pool in 2 weeks, er, 2 months? I was tempted to bring my wetsuit just cause I can't wait to try it out!

Strength
    • 25m

Not only did I swim, but I lifted weights! I didn't want to overdo it, so I only did a few sets of biceps and shoulders, as well as doing core.

Sport
    • Commuter Cycling
    • 12m

I love craigslist! I found a mag trainer on there today for $35!! No more 37 degree AM rides for this girl! The lady that sold it to me is also doing the stagecoach century and her and her husband don't even own a car- how cool! I thought we were 'green' cause we only have 1 car- but they've got zero cars and like 10 bikes!

My legs are destroyed today, so biking to work is about all the exercise they'll get. I intend to go swimming later, but we'll see. Back to work :(

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 5 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

jazz82482's Training Log

January 2007 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31   

Time
    Distance
    • July's totals