Bike
  • 1h 20m 05s
  • 20.96 miles
  • 15.70 Mi/hr

Trainer ride. Kept it a bit easy to be nice to my legs, since they've been good to me today :)

Run
  • 1h 33m 30s
  • 13.17 miles
  • 07m 06s /Mi
Race Report is up!! It's not my official time, but there was no timing chip, so I trust my garmin more than I trust their stopwatches. Also, garmin said we went 13.17 miles, but really, whose counting ;) What a great day! So during the race, I didn't watch my HR, I just went on RPE, so when I saw the average, I was suprised. Could this race count as an LT test? Does that mean my LT is about 177, since that was my average HR for the whole race? How did I not suffer a heart attack?! I finally put in my HR zones, anyone have any feedback? Thanks :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 5
Well, I sort of rested today. With all my extra energy, I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom and ran errands for 4 hours- that's almost like resting, right? I officially signed up for the race tomorrow, so looks like it's a go. Also, I got a second new pair of shoes, so now I have 3 of the exact same pair! I got the 3rd pair because they were 'once worn' at RRS and only $55, which is great!
Bike
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 15.73 miles
  • 15.72 Mi/hr

Trainer ride- really gets my HR going, and I've never sweat so much in my life! (er, I mean, girls don't sweat, they 'glow'). Avg. cadence: 88.

Run
  • 38m
  • 5.03 miles
  • 07m 33s /Mi

BRICK! Take THAT, you twiggy little legs! HA!

5x800 intervals. Held a consistent 6:40-6:48m/m pace for each set.

My legs weren't feeling tired enough by the end of the week, so I decided to really trash them today. It was supposed to be a rest day, but I'd rather take a full rest day tomorrow, when I don't have to ride my bike to work and I can sleep in. Fun workout! The tri club meeting last night was a lot of fun! I talked to a guy who makes the training plans about coming up with a schedule for the tri-101, and he seemed excited to work with me. I also got myself a new pair of shoes, and they sure are pretty! They're the asics GT-2120, and they made this pair extra fast :) I still intend on doing the half-mary this weekend, but we'll see about if I'll attempt a PR. I don't really want to trash my legs too badly, but then again, next week is a recovery week....who am I kidding, I can't NOT race- the second I see a chic in front of me, I'll do everything I can to catch her! hehe. Happy friday everyone! Have an awesome weekend!

• Health data: Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 49m 56s
  • 6.15 miles
  • 08m 07s /Mi

Nice, easy recovery run. I decided to wear my HR monitor again, and was very suprised at low my HR was the whole time, especially at what felt like a comfortable pace. I really felt like I was running nice and easy, but my pace is a lot faster than I expected! Can my training actually be paying off? I'm pretty sure this would be a 'zone 1' run for me, or at least that's what it felt like.

I'm thinking about joining the local tri club, so after work today, I'm going to head to the meeting. Luckily, they hold it at road runner sports, so I get to go buy some new shoes! My feet have been getting sore these past few days, so I can tell it's time. I love buying new running shoes :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 1h 54m 41s
  • 14.00 miles
  • 08m 11s /Mi

Medium-long run, pushed the pace a bit since my legs felt strong. Ran around Balboa park and mission hills in the eerie fog. Run felt awesome overall. My legs have had absolutely no fatigue from my 18 miler on saturday. Maybe running in the cold prevented the usual fatigue, but so far, this week has felt great! I am still so thrilled that I solved all my knee problems; I have a much greater appreciation for running pain free, and I hope it stays this way forever!

Swim
  • 29m 40s
  • 1700.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

Omigod, I found the pool!

I had the best intentions of going swimming yesterday, but then I sat down on the couch for a bit and lost all my motivation. Instead of swimming, I decided catching up on some sleep was a better use of my time, and so far, I don't regret that decision. I woke up before my alarm went off and feel very well rested for the first time in a while! I'll try for the pool again tonight, or else the trainer. Happy Hump Day!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 5
Run
  • 48m 44s
  • 6.05 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

Hill intervals. Great run today- gotta love those hills! When I walked out of my apartment, there was a breathtaking sunrise over the mountains, and the temp was almost 60 degrees. Seeing as how all of the east coast is shut down due to cold, I feel like there is some type of cosmic force out there trying to make me reconsider moving away from SD....tough decisions!

I was checking out last years results of the 1/2 mary I want to run this weekend, and if I keep up the same pace I had at my last race, I could get 3rd in my AG. Ideally, I would like to get a PR, but I may have more important social obligations saturday night that will make the race less than ideal. I also noticed that Michellie Jones ran it last year- how cool! I still haven't signed up for the race, though, because this is the only weekend I have here in san diego for the entire month of february, and I don't want any obligations yet. I'll decide on saturday. I WILL go swimming tonight!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 16.01 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Trainer ride. Muscle endurance:
5:00 wu
6:00 alternate :30s stand up vs. seated
5:00 alternate 1:00 ILT
5x6:00 hard effort, every other in aero bars (2:00 RI)
6:00 cd

This is probably the highest avg. HR I've had on the bike. I really feel like I get a better workout on the trainer. I don't know why I can't push myself like this on the open road! I guess it's mental.

I really like my cycling workouts in a binder though, it helps give me ideas. And also, watching 24 online helps too!

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 25m
Too exhausted from traveling to work out this morning. Hopefully I'll have the energy to get a trainer ride in this evening, but it may end up being a rest day. This week will be my first 5 day week in about a month- eww. Oh yeah- and since I was talking about weather so much the past few days, I thought I'd mention that it will be 77 here today. :)

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5

jazz82482's Training Log

February 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals