Run
  • 1h 52m 21s
  • 14.01 miles
  • 08m 01s /Mi

Friggin rainy, cold and windy. I wish I had woken up to run last night! Oh well, decent run regardless. I'm soaked, so I might as well go swimming! :)

Swim
  • 53m 30s
  • 3000.00 yards
  • 01m 47s /100 yards

I made it to the pool!!! For my first swim in well over a month, it was awesome! I really don't hate swimming as much as I think, I just hate the act of getting to the pool.

So I normally have a whole ton of energy, but when I crash, I crash hard. Apparently, getting only 4-6 hours of sleep, running about 8 miles a day, and interviewing with a whole crap load of people gets me suuper tired. Last night, I got home from the airport at about 4:00, hung out with Ryan for a bit, and ended up falling asleep at 5:30 for the ENTIRE NIGHT. That would be 14 HOURS of sleep! Holy crap! I have never slept that long in my entire life. Anyways, needless to say, I didn't make it out on my 14 miler yesterday. Good thing I have today off! I'll head out soon, now that I'm nice and rested!

On another note, I got an invitation to interview at the University of Colorado at Boulder, so I'm extremely excited about that! Looks like I'll be heading back to CO pretty soon!

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 5 Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 5 Hours slept: 14
Run
  • 59m 32s
  • 7.50 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

I woke up a bit later than I wanted, so I had to cut it short by .5mi. Oh well. Found a route along the river that was really pretty, that is, when my eyelashes weren't frozen shut. 3 degrees out, lovely. But, like all you midwesterners say, if you're cold, it's cause you're not dressed properly. I added a few 100meter strides to keep my blood pumping.

The interviews yesterday went really, really well, and I like UM a lot. Hopefully they liked me too! The program is really awesome and I like the faculty and their research a lot. I think I can convince Ryan to live in Ann Arbor, but don't tell him how cold it is ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

Rest day.  Damn, it's cooold in Michigan :) 

Interviews all day, and with all the goodluck sent my way, I'll know they'll be great :)  I heart BT.

Run
  • 42m 42s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Recovery run.

3 am is waaaay too early to get up and run. Off to catch my flight to Michigan! It's supposed to be 71 today in San Diego, and 17 in Ann Arbor- lovely!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 1h 06m 54s
  • 8.70 miles
  • 07m 41s /Mi

5x600m @5k pace, 90sec in between. My '5k' pace wasn't fast enough- only got down to a 6:33-6:50min/mile. I have to work on getting faster at shorter distances. Overall, great run. My legs aren't too sore anymore.

Busy day of packing and getting ready for my interview at Michigan.  I'm more nervous about this one than the last 2 because I really like their program, and they are at the top of my list.  It should be a fun weekend, though, assuming I don't get snowed into Ann Arbor!

Oh yeah- I found a serious running pic of me from the race that is now in my album.  Don't laugh!

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
Bike
  • 1h 00m 05s
  • 17.11 miles
  • 17.11 Mi/hr

I swear I was going to go to the pool tonight. I was all dressed and ready to go, when the power went out at our place. Unfortunately, we have an automatic garage, and with no power, I couldn't get my car out of there. So, I saw that as a sign saying I don't belong in the water, and instead I should get better on my bike! I rode on my trainer instead, in the pitch dark, sweating my ass off listening to an audiobook. Then, as soon as I'm done, the lights come on. How bizzarre!

Run
  • 1h 07m 55s
  • 8.02 miles
  • 08m 28s /Mi

Easier recovery pace since my legs still hurt.

Very sore today, but it was worth it :). After that race, I realize I have to reasses the paces I'm running for some of my harder runs, and kick it up a bit, because obviously I can run faster than I give myself credit for. Today, though, that was all I could do without screaming in pain. Stupid DOMS.

Busy day today!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6

jazz82482's Training Log

February 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28   

Time
Distance