Swim
  • 33m 19s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 01m 51s /100 yards

Plan was to just swim. Thought I would do 1000-1200, but I hit a groove today and felt like I could go forever. Decided to go for a mile and see what happens.

Ended up SMASHING my mile PR by 1:24!! I am pretty excited. All my 100s were between 1:48 and 1:53 (except for last lap at 1:44), so I am very happy with my consistency.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Bike
  • 45m 37s
  • 14.11 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr

Starting out I felt sluggish and rusty. Took about 6mi and 20min before I felt strong again and really sped up. Good ride overall to shake off the cobwebs.

Think the HR monitor is a little off. There is NO WAY i got up to 204 max, and it says I had that in the very beginning. Have noticed really high numbers like that before running. Not sure if it just has a hard time gauging it in the beginning. I am wetting the strap down pretty well before I put it on and I wear it while I warm up and get ready.

Dog update.  Police called and said they decided to quarantine him after all.  They will call me after 14 days and let me know if he tests positive for anything.  And she told me the owner is actually pissed he got a ticket and may fight it!  Really?!

• Health data: Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 31m 25s
  • 3.14 miles
  • 10m 01s /Mi

Wahoo, got the easy run in with my wife. Legs felt a little rusty but I feel much better being active again.

No problems or pain from the leg and NO bleeding today. I think we are on the home stretch on the healing process.

Leg was still bleeding when I got home yesterday so I nixed the walk.  Didn't wrap it for work today so hopefully that will be enough to let it air dry.  I really want to go for a jog today.  Might just do it anyway.

Gonna do the run for sure now.  Talked my wife into skipping a class at the gym to run with me at home.  Need a bodyguard for the dogs!  Laughing

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5
Didn't notice any bleeding this morning and the bruising is going away.  I still put a small wrap on it and went to work today.  We'll see what it looks like when I get home.  Going to do a walk today when I get home.  I need to get out and do something.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Leg still bleeding a little bit.  I think due to the location any movement opens it back up again.  Trying to be careful with it.  It is sore but looking better.  Trying to decide how many days off I should take to make sure it is fully healed.  Hopefully the bleeding is fully stopped by tomorrow then maybe I can get in some activity within a few days after that.  Just take it easy at first.  It's definitely not a pain issue, but more of just an annoyance and constantly having to be careful with it.  Thanks for everyone checking in on me. 

Didn't sleep very well either.  I think having it wrapped and not being able to move my leg much is causing some restlessness. 

• Health data: Hours slept: 5
Probably a blessing in disguise as I got up this morning to go meet my buddy for a brick workout and it was raining.  Decided to postpone until next week.

Leg is still bleeding a little bit and is very bruised and looking worse today.  I am not in pain though, just feels a little sore and tender in the area.  Will probably go have it looked at soon if the bleeding does not stop.  No sign of infection at this point.  Worried about what this will do to my workouts.  Don't want to get in a pool with an open wound so will probably stick to biking and running, but don't want to hinder the healing process.  Going to have to wrap it all day for work tomorrow so we'll see how it does with that.

For those interested I posted two pics up in my album.  One from right after the bite and one from today.

• Health data: Hours slept: 9
Run
  • 27m 34s
  • 3.14 miles
  • 08m 47s /Mi

Day started out "strong" and got even better. *tongue in cheek*

Worked the night shift last night and got in this morning around 6am. Slept about 5hrs and got up and decided to start my day well and go for a nice easy recovery run.

Got out on a perfect weather day and began the run. About 7min into the run, I was attacked by a schnauzer. Owner had him outside in the front yard unleashed. I was not scared as he was not that big so I kept running. Well he ran in front of me, almost tripping me, and kept darting in and out om my legs. Then he bit me. Right on the back of my right knee. It didn't really hurt but it was enough to cause bleeding all down my leg.

Owner tried to apologize saying "he's never done this before"...yada yada yada. Offered me a bandaid. Told him that is why there are leash laws and he said the dog would stay in the backyard from now on. We'll see.

I HTFU and finished my relaxing run dammmit! :)

Update: Decided to call the police since the dog got a good chunk of me and wanted to make sure he was current on his shots.  Dog was current and owner ended up getting a ticket.  Cleaned it out really well and hope no infection comes of it. 

Rant: Why do people feel the need to keep dogs off leash where they can possibly attack people??  Every dog bite I have ever known (in my line of work I see them all the time), the owner says...but he has never done this before.  Most dogs are fine, but you just never know...no matter the breed.  Dogs should either be on a leash or in a fenced yard 100% of the time.  I don't give a f*** whether you feel they need space to roam freely.  If that is the case then buy some damn land.  Otherwise don't own a damn dog if you can't control it.  *off soap box*

• Health data: Hours slept: 5.5

chichitao's Training Log

April 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance