Run
  • 08m
  • 0.50 miles
  • 16m /Mi
Swim
  • 15m
  • 700.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Met Lawyerchick, nealphelps, Falls-Runner, Ant, and David at MAP for a swim. We swam one fill lap and then re-created a mass swim start with the people we had. We then headed over to Lake Lanier Islands to do the bike route. This time I felt much worse than last week. I have not been getting enough sleep so maybe that's what was making me feel so poorly. I did do better at keeping up with the fast group though I would not have been able to if they had not waited up for us a few times.

I was able to draft off of Meredith some. If she were to gain 60-70 pounds I would get a much better draft but she indicated that she was not willing to do that just for me. Oh well.

Meredith and I ran a bit after the bike but I started whining about my calves so we walked back.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Overall Workout: 2

I feel like crap today.  I desperately wanted to stay in bed.  Nothing is particularly sore but I feel very sluggish and stressed out.  I just found out that I will need to come in on Sunday so I won't be able to do the swim and bike at the lake.  I may try to go do the bike route by myself tomorrow morning.

Not only do I have to work Sunday, my boss has already said that she will provide lunch and dinner each day next week.  Looks like five 12+ hour days for me.  Yee-hah!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 30m 34s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Very small running group today. Henry was sick and there were just two new people and me. We started off pretty slow but really pushed it (for me) for the last mile.

Today is Anna's birthday so the girls are going to decorate a cake for her after I pick them up. They had a great time doing it last year and ended up with chocolate icing all over. I had to put them in the bathtub to clean them up before Anna got home. I am anticipating having to do the same thing today.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1093.61 yards
  • 02m 45s /100 yards

I had a quick swim at Dynamo because I had to be at work at 7:00. I lost track of laps early on and just went 30 minutes.

Things are very stressful right now but should ease up in a couple of weeks. I may not get to train much before the Emerald Pointe tri but I think that I am in pretty good shape to at least finish it.

If all goes well I should be able to lift weights at lunchtime after work after dinner? It's 8:38pm and I'm going home.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 42m 05s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 31s /Mi

LSD run with Henry's crew

There was a big crowd this morning due to the fact that the body pump instructor was sick.  Henry had me run at the back to push the stragglers so I went out very slowly.  We are not trying to be sexist but some of the route is pretty dark and we are the only two men in the group.  We switched up about halfway through and I pushed to catch up to the middle group.  I probably could have caught the frontrunners but did not want to push it too hard.  When we finished I felt like I could have gone another mile or two.  It is the best I have felt coming off of a 4 mile run even considering the slow pace.  After the Emerals Pointe tri I will take a shot at doing a 10K LSD run once a week.

Yesterday was very difficult for me.  It was hard to wake up, I had a terrible headache most of the day, and things are very stressful at work.  The weird thing is that yesterday was my day off of training.  I would have thought that I would feel bad on a hard workout day.

During the first couple months of training I had very little pain other than sore muscles (and my long-term rotator cuff issues).  Every time I ran I really concentrated on form rather than speed or distance.  But in the last few days I have been having more and more little aches and pains.  There is a spot on the bottom of my foot that pains me when I walk but is less painful when I run.  Both calves hurt, front and back.  And my left knee is bothering me a little.  Nothing is bad enough to keep me from training but I am concerned that I am building towards a moer significant injury.

I am thinking about cutting back my training a bit to make sure that I will be healthy enough to compete at Emerald Pointe.  But, as yesterday showed, my body does not seem to take days off well.

Any thoughts?

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

A day off.  I have some pain in my knees, my calves, and my feet.  I'm hoping that I'll recover before tomorrow's run. 

For some reason I'm very sleepy today.  I slept pretty well and the little one complained only once during the night.  Maybe I needed the day off more than I thought.

I know the conventional wisdom is to not increase workload by more than 10% per week but I have gone way over that in the last few weeks.  I'm afraid of pushing too hard and getting injured before the Emerald Pointe race.  I just really enjoy working out and am excited about what I am able to do, as little as that may be.

zaichikmiller's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance