Well yesterday's 14 hour workday actually became an 11 hour workday.  Today promises to be similar.  The big meeting with the CEO is tomorrow so I think that Thursday and Friday should not be too bad.  If I get a chance I'll run down at lunchtime and bike a little.  Otherwise I'll do it tomorrow after work.

Anna and both girls seem to be getting sick.  I'm almost afraid to go home because I almost always catch anything my family has.  Maybe I'll get lucky this time.

1:40pm  - NOOOOOOOO!  I'm already feeling it in my throat and in my head.  Maybe it'll run its course by Sunday morning.  (oh please, oh please)

Run
  • 23m 21s
  • 2.50 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Ran the short route through the park with Henry's crew.

I wasn't planning to work out this morning due to the volume of work that needs to get done but I really needed the stress relief I get from running with henry's group.  Today we started out slowly but picked it up at the end.  My heart rate was over 165 for the last mile.  I think this will be my last real workout of the week.  Tomorrow morning I'll do a short swim and I'll bike a bit in the gym on Thursday.

When we sped up I thought we were going at a pretty good pace when we got passed by a large group of young folks.  I think I heard a whoosh they were going so fast.  I started to feel bad when I noticed that they were part of the Ga Tech track team.  Wow, those guys and gals are fast!

8:00pm  -  Ho hum, another 14 hour day at work.  At least the boss got us pizza so I can continue my carbo-loading.  What?  I'm not supposed to start that until Friday?  Hey, I always like to be early!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 2
No workout today.  Just stress, stress, and more stress!
Bike
  • 55m
  • 14.00 miles
  • 15.27 Mi/hr
Run
  • 08m
  • 0.50 miles
  • 16m /Mi
Swim
  • 15m
  • 700.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Met Lawyerchick, nealphelps, Falls-Runner, Ant, and David at MAP for a swim. We swam one fill lap and then re-created a mass swim start with the people we had. We then headed over to Lake Lanier Islands to do the bike route. This time I felt much worse than last week. I have not been getting enough sleep so maybe that's what was making me feel so poorly. I did do better at keeping up with the fast group though I would not have been able to if they had not waited up for us a few times.

I was able to draft off of Meredith some. If she were to gain 60-70 pounds I would get a much better draft but she indicated that she was not willing to do that just for me. Oh well.

Meredith and I ran a bit after the bike but I started whining about my calves so we walked back.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Fatigue: 2 Overall Workout: 2

I feel like crap today.  I desperately wanted to stay in bed.  Nothing is particularly sore but I feel very sluggish and stressed out.  I just found out that I will need to come in on Sunday so I won't be able to do the swim and bike at the lake.  I may try to go do the bike route by myself tomorrow morning.

Not only do I have to work Sunday, my boss has already said that she will provide lunch and dinner each day next week.  Looks like five 12+ hour days for me.  Yee-hah!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 1 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 2
Run
  • 30m 34s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Very small running group today. Henry was sick and there were just two new people and me. We started off pretty slow but really pushed it (for me) for the last mile.

Today is Anna's birthday so the girls are going to decorate a cake for her after I pick them up. They had a great time doing it last year and ended up with chocolate icing all over. I had to put them in the bathtub to clean them up before Anna got home. I am anticipating having to do the same thing today.

zaichikmiller's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance