Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year.  It's so much fun to see all those kids dressed up in costumes looking so happy.  I just went to my younger daughter's school party and all of the girls except for her were princesses.  My girls chose to be Cat and Mouse.  Since I am still recovering I will stay home and hand out candy while my wife takes the girls around the neighborhood.  Last year was pretty slow so we only gave out 7 bags of candy.

My legs are feeling somewhat better today.  After the marathon my legs hurt more than after the HIM but I did not have the same level of overall fatigue. When sitting down I feel like I could go out and run or ride.  When I try to stand up I get hit by reality and start looking around for a handhold.

Boy, are my legs sore! I know that theoretically I would benefit from an easy spin on the bike but I don't know if I'll be able to force myself to do it.

I'm pretty excited about the prospect of being able to go to my first club meeting since July on Thursday.

And it's officially the off-season! 

I'm back in town.  More importantly, Anna gets back into town today too!

I'm very sore from yesterday but not as bad off as I had feared.  My IT band bothered me alot during the night causing me to wake up a number of times from the discomfort.  But today it isn't all that bad.  I'm hobbling around and I'm taking the elevator if I have to go up or down even one floor but I can still move around alright.  I think I should do an easy spin tomorrow on the exercise bike and then stretch.  I'm also thinking about getting a sports massage.

Run
  • 5h 26m 58s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 12m 29s /Mi

I hurt.  But I'm happy with my time.  I'll try to do a race report later today or tomorrow morning.  As the Redskins were suffering their worst loss since 1961 I had the time to do a race report.

RACE REPORT IS UP!

Congratulations to Leslie who crushed the MCM and qualified for Boston!

I'm off to DC.  Tomorrow should be a good day.  First the marathon.  Then watching the Redskins game with my buddy from high school.  Sweet.

When Anna's father was out of Intensive Care for a day he kept telling her that he regretted that he never swam in the ocean.  My father often tells me how much he regrets only coming to two of my games when I was in High School.  I never want to have to tell anyone how much I regretted not running the MCM.  I'm sure that I will suffer.  I may even cry.  But dammit I'm going to finish it!

zaichikmiller's Training Log

October 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance