I'm sick, my knee hurts, and my daughter was up most of the night throwing up.  I don't think I'll get a workout in today.

• Health data: Hours slept: 4
Bike
  • 2h 04m 15s
  • 29.38 miles
  • 14.19 Mi/hr
Rode the SCT with Leslie from Mavell Rd. to Hiram and back.  It was just above freezing when we left but had warmed up to about 45 by the time we got back.  My legs were feeling pretty beat but the company was great.  Since Meredith ditched (she did PM me) we could talk about kids the whole time.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7

I had to take care of the girls this morning so no workout today.  I will try to get to the pool tomorrow.

Run
  • 41m 29s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 22s /Mi

4.0 mile Spring St. route with Henry's crew.

I only ran 4 miles today. It seems weird for me to say that but that's how I feel. Now that the weather is getting better the morning run group is getting bigger. We had 9 people out there today. It's nice to hear all those feet hitting the pavement.

My quads are sore but my knee is not feeling any worse than it did before. I'll bike on Sunday but will try to take it easy. Next week I think I'll just go for one short, slow run on Tuesday and then rest up for the race.

I still have hope that work will slow down a bit so I can spend more time on BT. These 9:00pm meetings with guys in Hong Kong and Sydney are really getting on my nerves.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 53m 43s
  • 4.90 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

Shorter route through Morningside.

I feel like CRAP today.  My hips hurt, my quads hurt, my knee hurts, my ankles hurt, and my foot hurts.  Maybe I've been running too much.  I think I'm going to start tapering my runnning for the 1/2 marathon on the 25th.  I know that 13 miles is not a very long run for some folks, but it is a long way for me to drag around my 250 pounds.

I would like to go biking on Sunday and I have tentative approval from the boss but I am worried about going too far and not being able to recover in time for the race.  Any suggestions?

zaichikmiller's Training Log

March 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance