Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Advanced Obliques
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • ABS - Knee-Raise, Hanging
  • BACK - Back extensions

Four supersets

I had an interesting time at Dr. Nik's yesterday.  Will post the details when I have the chance.

Dr. Nik  -  We started off checking the range of motion in my shoulder joints and while some things were good, others were way short of ideal.  After a few minutes he was able to determine that it was not a rotator cuff issue but could not nail down the problem.  He did a bunch of ART stuff to loosen up my shoulder so he could then hopefully determine what was wrong.  The ART hurt, but not as badly as I had expected it to.  He thinks that my issues stem from the clavicular-acrimon joint and he worked on that area for a while.  This morning my shoulder is very tender but I don’t have any bruising to post.  At least I made him sweat!

So far my legs are recovering nicely from the long run yesterday.  They are tired but nothing in particular is bothering me.

Calories:  2166

• Health data: Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 1h 48m
  • 10.10 miles
  • 10m 41s /Mi

Wu/cd of .4mi each are not included.

My longest run ever and I am beat!  I intended to do abs this morning but had no energy (or time) after the run.

Ran a tough 10k route with Leslie (not OUR Leslie) and then added on another 3.8 miles.  I felt better than expected at the end and probably could have run another mile or so.  It gives me hope that I'll be able to run the whole way at the ING 1/2 marathon.  I figured that I was seeing Dr. Nick this evening anyway so why not go for it.

Calories:  2540

Bike
  • 20m
  • 4.75 miles
  • 14.25 Mi/hr

Easy spin.

Swim
  • 18m
  • 710.85 yards
  • 02m 32s /100 yards

Swam until shoulder started hurting.

Strength
  • 32m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Bent-over DB row
  • BICEPS - BB Preacher
  • BICEPS - Incline DB Curl
  • FOREARMS - Wrist curls
  • FOREARMS - Wrist extensions

Went to the pool and swam until my shoulder started hurting.  Then headed to the gym to lift, spin on the bike, and stretch.  I feel pretty beat now.  And hungry.

Calories:  2713

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Trainer ride.

Run
  • 31m 18s
  • 3.30 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

Got up this morning to hard rain so decided to bag the SCT ride. I had to cut the trainer ride short due to little ones coming down to play. I guess "you can ride as long as you would like" is code for "one hour, max."

My wife had promised my daughter that we would go to Chuck E Cheese so we braved the crowd there. Whoa Nellie! What a madhouse. It'll be a long while before we go there again! This afternoon I cleaned the garage and worked with my daughter on her bike riding. She's just learning how to do it without training wheels.

8:15pm  -  The weather was too good not to run.  I had to deliver a car to my mother-in-law's place so i decided to run back with a detour of two laps at Hembree Park.  I really pushed it on the first lap and ran the 1.1 miles in 9:35.  It was neat running the trail in the dark.  When going downhill I felt really fast.  Like Leslie fast.  Now it's time for some protein. 

Calories:  2615

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5

Day off.

Calories:  3050 (Curse you Haagen-Dazs!)

zaichikmiller's Training Log

March 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance