• 40m
  • -----
  • -----

Easy spin to get the blood flowing in my legs.  I still have a hard time going up and down stairs but I can walk almost normally now.

Calories:  2345

  • Health data: Hours slept: 7
I am reaaal sore today.  This evening I'll try to spin a bit and stretch.  It's nice to see that my co-worker, who finished in 1:43, is also limping.
  • 2h 16m 41s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

Oh boy am I tired!  I had a good time at the race despite still not being completely healthy.  I'll post a race report later but here is a synopsis:

I intended to stick with the 4:30 pace group but, of course, could not find them at the start.  I was pretty close to the start when the gun went off but it still took me about 6 minutes to get to the start line.  Those in the back must have waited more than 10 minutes.  The first few miles required a great deal of weaving in order to try to keep a good pace.  I yelled at RocketMan as he whooshed by me about a mile in.  I kind of hit a wall on the loooong hill up Freedom Parkway because I had gotten mixed up with some guys who were going too fast.  I got pretty depressed right after turning on N. Highland when I overheard a guy saying we had gone almost halfway (we were about at mile 8).  It was really nice to see Dollar cheering for us (that's code for checking out the babes) on Park Drive.  I high-fived him but I'm not sure he recognized me.  I was really dragging as we left the park and I walked a couple hundred yards up 10th street.  I walked 100 yards or so several more times.  Dollar was right in his post:  The Juniper one-block turnaround was really annoying and the last 3 miles or so on Peachtree were brutal.  I was passed by the marathon winner about 1/2 mile from the finish line.  On the last short downhill to the finish I really had breathing problems.  I started wheezing pretty badly.  I felt like my throat was closing up.  I slowed down some and if the finish line had not been directly ahead I would have stopped for a while.  After crossing the finish line I slowly made my way towards the medical tent but started to feel better so just went over to say hello to Courtney.  I ran into RocketMan and the Hulkster on my way to MARTA.

Time for a nap. 

I just can't seem to shake what I've got.  I should be able to relax most of the day tomorrow so I'll hopefully be in somewhat good shape on Sunday.  I appreciate everyone's support.
Still not well enough to work out but I think I'm a little better than yesterday.

zaichikmiller's Training Log

 March 2007 
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31