Happy birthday Anna!

I'll do a quick run and stretch this evening.  That's it.

I saw Dr. Nik again last night, mainly so he could work on my IT band. He went to town on both IT bands, the knee, my right shoulder, and both hip flexors. He said my hip flexors were incredibly tight. I guess sitting at the computer or in the car for 16 hours a day for 3 weeks is not conducive to loose muscles. If you've never had Dr. Nik work on your hip flexors, be warned. It makes graston seem like a cool summer breeze.

For the next three days I'm supposed to warm up my legs and stretch twice a day.

It's 9:40pm and I finally get a moment of no work.  They're trying to squeeze as much as possible out of me before I head out for the weekend.

I'm leaving work early tomorrow to get the girls and decorate a cake for Anna's birthday.  She's turning 29 again. 

Run
  • 10m 05s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 10m 05s /Mi

Aaarrrgggh!  I went for a quick easy run and it took less than a mile for my knee to start hurting.  My heel is bothersome but I can run through it.  But the pain in my knee gets worse and worse as I run.  I've been rolling out the IT band with the foam roll and had hoped that it would get substantially better but no such luck.  I have a Thursday appointment with Dr. Nik.  I really hope that he can get it to calm down.  I figure that if I do well on the swim and the bike I can walk the run if I have to and still finish within the 8 hour time limit.

Bike
  • 20m
  • 5.50 miles
  • -----

I only had time for a quick spin on the exercise bike and stretching.  This week should be a little better than last week.  And this weekend should be GREAT!

I'm going to run an easy 5k tomorrow morning.  I've already warned people at work that I'll be a little late getting in because I will need to ice my heel and knee after the run.  Starting in November my schedule will be much less hectic and will be more flexible.  That should allow me to more easily follow an actual training plan.  Sweet!

I'm spending time with the family today. Trying to get in as much quality time before Anna leaves for Russia.

I purchased a foam roll yesterday and went to town on my IT band. It feels somewhat better today.

Bike
  • 1h 01m 14s
  • 16.00 miles
  • 15.74 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 23m
  • 1100.00 yards
  • 02m 05s /100 yards

MAP
Distance estimated on mapmyrun.com

Swam at MAP with the Concourse Tri Club.  Lou and David O'Rear were there.  Then my co-worker and I drove to Lake Lanier Islands and rode the Emerald Pointe bike and run routes.

I felt pretty good on the swim.  I took it  easy and did not have any shoulder issues.  I'm going to try to do the same at SC but it may mean a 45-50 min. swim. At least I should make it.  On the bike my legs felt very fatigued.  I'm not sure why.

5:20pm  -  Another day, another long day at work.  I did take some time out to swim and bike this morning.  The good news is that the 4 hours or so of work I need to do tomorrow can be done from home.  And I get to see my 6-year-old have her first piano recital.  It's going to be a good day.

By Friday I will have worked 19 straight days, including an average of 16 hours on weekdays and 8 hours on weekend days.  I have informed my superiors that as of 3:00pm on Friday, I will turn off my Blackberry, ignore any calls from the office, and generally avoid thinking about work for the following three days.  We'll see if that actually happens.

zaichikmiller's Training Log

September 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance