• 1h 08m
  • 3100.00 yards
  • 02m 11s /100 yards
  • 2h 01m 04s
  • 12.17 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

Base run at Riverside Dr.

I had a decent amount of energy this evening but my legs felt like lead.  I also have had GI issues since Sunday evening.  Fortunately there is a house under construction on Old Riverside with a port-o-john out front.  Now my legs are really beat.

My totals for September were pretty good considering I was sick for about a week. Some days I feel really ready for FL and others I feel like I want to run and hide. I've got two more tough weeks and then taper. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

One month to go. Yikes!

Masters was PACKED this morning. When I got there a little late both my usual lane and the lane next to it had 4 people in them. I've never seen that before. Today was a "vegetables" workout - one that isn't any fun but is good for you. I still felt fatigued and my rear rotator cuff is really bothering me.

Today's swim:
WU - None (I was late)
MS - 6x100 kick (My IT bands were mad so I just did 6x100 swim)
6x100 swim (75 drill/25 swim)
400, 300, 200, 100 swim (breathe 7/5/5/3)
4x200 swim (50 easy, 50 build, 50 fast, 50 build)
CD - 100 swim

I have an off day today.  My legs feel a little bit better than yesterday but they're still sore.  My shoulders, especially the backs of the joints, are sore and they were hurting last night.  Yesterday was the first time I had swam two days in a row and I think my body is telling me not to do it again.

I was feeling good about the race until I saw the picture of me coming into T-1 on the NAMC site.

  • 1h 00m
  • 3100.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Masters swim
Lots of socializing

I saw the cardiologist today.  The appointment was made when my BP was going nuts and we decided to keep it so we could look at other options for my hypertension.  The EKG was fine and my BP this morning was fine.  She said that the murmer was pretty pronounced and immediately identified it as tricuspid valve regurgitation, which matched the diagnosis of my Echocardiogram from November.  According to the echo I have trace Mitral valve regurgitation and mild Tricuspid valve regurgitation.  She wants me to stop one of my meds and change another one.  Apparently those two are "old people" medications which are not commonly prescribed for young people (yes, in this case I still qualify as young) and generally have the effect of lowering energy levels, causing feelings of fatigue.  I told her that my feeling of fatigue is a natural side effect of the exercise I have been getting.  I get to go back in two weeks for a stress test to make sure that my BP does not get too high when I am running.  The good news is that I'm still cleared to continue training and racing.

I felt pretty fatigued at Masters today.

Race report is up.

Today's swim:
WU - 200 swim
MS - 500 kick (my legs said no to kicking so I did a straight swim)
6x100 swim on 2:00
400 swim
4x100 swim on 1:45
400 swim
2x100 swim all out
400 swim (I did this slow and easy for a cool-down
CD - none


This week's plan:
M - Masters swim
T - Off
W - Masters swim, Base run 12 miles
Th - Fun Brick: bike 3-4 hours of hills followed by 1:00 t-run
F - Masters swim, AeT run :40
Sa - Base bike 6:00
Su - AM: Base run 8 miles, PM: Base run 6 miles

  • 2h 52m 49s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 19.44 Mi/hr
  • 2h 15m 06s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 10m 19s /Mi
  • 37m 59s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 01m 48s /100 yards
I had fun today at the South Carolina Half. It was neat to see all the first timers there, even if they all creamed my time from last year. It was also nice to cut over 1:30 off of that time. The NAMC crew was awesome once again!

I slept very poorly last night and couldn't get myself out of bed to go to Masters this morning.  I may do a swim on my own later.  Or I may not.
  • 3h 00m 02s
  • 52.87 miles
  • 17.62 Mi/hr

Anna is running her second ever 5k this evening. Please think good thoughts for her!

That was the suckiest workout I have had in a looong time. I felt like crap at the start but I figured that I would be alright once I warmed up. I was wrong. I tried to do an interval and quit halfway through when I couldn't get my HR even to the top of my base range. I spent most of the second half of the ride wishing that I had turned around earlier. By the time I got back to my car all I wanted to do was curl up and go to sleep so I ditched the run.

Last night my left knee (the bad one) was making all sorts of nasty grinding and crunching noises, even when unloaded. The noises were loud enough that Anna could hear them from across the room. The knee was also a little swollen. It looks like a trip to the doc is on the plan for today. I just need it to hold out just over five more weeks.

zaichikmiller's Training Log

 October 2008 
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31