There must be something really wrong with me.  Right now I'm sick enough that walking too far makes me dizzy but I'm sitting here figuring out my race plan for 2009 and am wishing that I could put an ironman on the schedule.  I'm also frustrated that I missed the deadline for the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim lottery.

I think I slept a little better last night but that's not saying much.  The doctor I saw yesterday said that constant exercise stimulates the immune system but there is a bit of a rebound effect when you stop exericising for a few days.  I guess I need to make sure that I don't go more than one day without exercise.

Yesterday was a pump-fake.  The stuff has moved down into my lungs and I'm now on my third antibiotic.  Let's hope that the third time's the charm!

On a good note, last week the doc changed my BP meds again to hopefully find one that works but doesn't hit me as hard as the one I was taking for the last month.  The new one (Bystolic) appears to work BP wise and though I'm sick I don't have quite the same lethargic feeling I had with the other medicine (diltiazem or Taztia).

I think things are finally starting to clear up. I don't feel as sick as I have been but I'm coughing like crazy.  I think I'm going to take some drastic measures in order to sleep tonight.

I got my bikes back from Curtis last night but I'm not sure I'll be up for riding in the morning.  I've not got a 53-39/12-27 on the new road bike and a 52-42/13-23 on the pink bike.  Once I get the old tri-bike wheelset trued I will just need to get a rear der. and install it to get the Guru back on the road.  When I say install it I mean I'll give it a shot and then take it to Curtis to fix what I messed up.  Or maybe I'll find an excuse to visit Mindy....

While I was out I stopped by Roswell Bikes to pick up a new spoke nipple for my old tri-bike wheels.  I successfully replaced the broken nipple and am now trying to true the wheel.  Now I need to find out if I can either put a 10-speed cassette on the wheel or if the 10-speed shifters on the bike will work with a 9-speed derailluer and cassette.

I'm getting some new drugs today for my sinus infection. It may be that one of my BP meds is interfering with the antibiotic that I have been taking.  I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to ride on Saturday.

I started my new med last night.  I'm sick so it's hard to tell if it is really working but I didn't have a headache when I woke up and I didn't feel the same lethargy, a bit different than the sick feeling, that I suffered from with the diltiazem.  If I feel better by Friday morning I'll go to Masters, which will be a good test.

I'm getting Curtis to put my Road bike back together.  I'm excited to get going on training again.  I intend to go with doing each discipline twice a week.  The hard part will be forcing myself to ride the trainer.  The gym I belong to doesn't have any spin bikes.  I hope to get at least some of the old running group back together.

Still sick.

While I was at the doc I told her about my frustration with my new BP medications.  She changed the meds to one that is designed to not make me feel lethargic.  Since the previous ones did not seem to affect my BP I am hopeful that this new one will be the magic bullet.

Yep, I'm sick.   When a co-worker who sits right by me sounded like he was going to cough up a lung on Friday I figured that I was doomed.  Unfortunately it looks like the little one is sick too.

My legs feel pretty good.  I'm walking up and down stairs normally and my joints have stopped hurting.  I don't think I could run fast but I think once I am healthy I should be able to start a regular workout schedule.

zaichikmiller's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance