My mother purchased the personalized video from IMFL.  I put it in my album. 

Another decent night's sleep and I feel like I'm at about 70%.  Not well enough to swim tomorrow but I am going to schedule a ride on Sunday.

I may actually get to mow my lawn this weekend for the first time since August.  I may want to hide my eyes when I look at my back yard.  It's in really bad shape.

I actually slept most of the way through the night last night!  I think I am feeling a bit more perky this morning but I'm still coughing.  It think I might actually be able to ride on Sunday if it's not too cold.

My little one is five years old today.  For some reason she has the idea that she would get physically bigger overnight, big enough that I wouldn't be able to pick her up.  I think she was a little disappointed until she remembered that she is bringing cupcakes to pre-k today.

I don't feel quite as sick as I did yesterday but I was still up about half of the night coughing.  It would be nice to take a day or two to just lay in bed but work is a little crazy right now.

I would really like to recover enough to do at least a short ride this weekend, though I'm not going if it close to freezing.


There must be something really wrong with me.  Right now I'm sick enough that walking too far makes me dizzy but I'm sitting here figuring out my race plan for 2009 and am wishing that I could put an ironman on the schedule.  I'm also frustrated that I missed the deadline for the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim lottery.

I think I slept a little better last night but that's not saying much.  The doctor I saw yesterday said that constant exercise stimulates the immune system but there is a bit of a rebound effect when you stop exericising for a few days.  I guess I need to make sure that I don't go more than one day without exercise.

Yesterday was a pump-fake.  The stuff has moved down into my lungs and I'm now on my third antibiotic.  Let's hope that the third time's the charm!

On a good note, last week the doc changed my BP meds again to hopefully find one that works but doesn't hit me as hard as the one I was taking for the last month.  The new one (Bystolic) appears to work BP wise and though I'm sick I don't have quite the same lethargic feeling I had with the other medicine (diltiazem or Taztia).

I think things are finally starting to clear up. I don't feel as sick as I have been but I'm coughing like crazy.  I think I'm going to take some drastic measures in order to sleep tonight.

I got my bikes back from Curtis last night but I'm not sure I'll be up for riding in the morning.  I've not got a 53-39/12-27 on the new road bike and a 52-42/13-23 on the pink bike.  Once I get the old tri-bike wheelset trued I will just need to get a rear der. and install it to get the Guru back on the road.  When I say install it I mean I'll give it a shot and then take it to Curtis to fix what I messed up.  Or maybe I'll find an excuse to visit Mindy....

zaichikmiller's Training Log

 November 2008 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29