Run
  • 40m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Treadmill

How come a 10:00 pace on the treadmill seems so much harder than the same pace outside?  At least I was able to watch football as I was running.

Strength
  • 30m

Way to go Tech!  It's about dang time.

I did about 30 minutes of abs/core and weights today.  I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house.  I finally got rid of crap that I have been dragging around for more than 10 years.  I also decided that I no longer need utility bills that are more than 10 years old.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

I almost forgot how miserable I am on the trainer.  I wanted to go for a ride outside but I am on call today and can't get too far from the computer.

I also decided that I'm going to pound some weights tomorrow.  It'll be the first time in a looong time so I really need to be careful or it will take me a week to recover.  I'm a little afraid of just how weak I've become.  I'll go for a short after-lifting run on the treadmill to loosen up for stretching.

Given Sunday's current forecast (cold and rain) I might be stuck on the trainer again.

I've made a little progress on being able to keep the Guru.  Right now I would say that it's 50/50.

I'm surprised by how sore I am after yesterday's short run.  My heel hurts worse than at any time during IM training.  My body is strange.

The little one was up a good portion of the night throwing up so a lack of sleep kept me from going to the pool this morning.  I may get on the trainer this evening.

Plan for the rest of the week:
Th - Morning ride - Probably Roswell 25 mile route
F - Base Run 1:00
Sa - Swim somewhere
Su - Base Bike 2:00-3:00

Run
  • 38m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

Yes, that's a sliver of yellow on my graph! 

I ran a route that I've run before with the Garmin so I know that it's 4 miles.  The time is estimated by looking at the gym's wall clock before and after the run.  It was more difficult than I expected but when I got back I realized that I had been running too fast.

It turns out that my mother's sheltie has conceived and is due at the end of January.  She wanted to tell the girls herself when she gets here tomorrow.  I told my wife to appreciate the lack of dog hair in the house while she can.  I grew up with a sheltie and it shed like crazy.  Timber was a great dog though.

Nice bright sunny day today.  I took the girls to school this morning so no morning run.  I'll try to do it at lunchtime.

My BP is higher this morning than it has been recently.  Strange but still not too high

Swim
  • 32m
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

It appears that my new medications are working a little TOO well.  In the past three days my diastolic number has consistently been below 70.  Unmedicated it's usally around 110 and medicated it has usually been around 90.  Of course my MIL being in Russia may have something to do with it...

I felt alright this morning so I went to the pool for an easy swim.  It was packed and I ended up swimming in the diving well with three others.  I started off very easy and never got above moderate pace.  I feel tired now but not too bad.

Today's swim:
Ladder - (100,200,300,400,300,200,100)

zaichikmiller's Training Log

November 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Time
Distance