Bike
  • 20m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

Trainer

I was only able to get in 20 minutes on the trainer before dad duty called. 

Boy am I sore from Saturday.  I only did squats, pushups, pull-ups, deadlifts, shrugs, and some special shoulder work along with core stuff.  I tried to take it easy but it was not easy enough.  Anna and the little one are sick so I had to put the big one on the bus.  That meant no swim for me.  And I have meetings all day so no lunchtime workout.  Maybe I'll get on the trainer this evening.

Morning BP:  136/86  HR:54
Lunchtime BP:  143/89  HR:55
Afternoon BP:  162/90  HR:55

Calories: 2484

This week's plan:
M - Masters swim evening spin on the trainer - had to put my daughter on the bus
T - Base run 1:00, weights
W - Masters Swim
Th - Base run :45, weights
F - Masters swim
Sa - Off
Su- 3 Gaps?

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Treadmill

How come a 10:00 pace on the treadmill seems so much harder than the same pace outside?  At least I was able to watch football as I was running.

Strength
  • 30m

Way to go Tech!  It's about dang time.

I did about 30 minutes of abs/core and weights today.  I spent the rest of the day cleaning the house.  I finally got rid of crap that I have been dragging around for more than 10 years.  I also decided that I no longer need utility bills that are more than 10 years old.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

I almost forgot how miserable I am on the trainer.  I wanted to go for a ride outside but I am on call today and can't get too far from the computer.

I also decided that I'm going to pound some weights tomorrow.  It'll be the first time in a looong time so I really need to be careful or it will take me a week to recover.  I'm a little afraid of just how weak I've become.  I'll go for a short after-lifting run on the treadmill to loosen up for stretching.

Given Sunday's current forecast (cold and rain) I might be stuck on the trainer again.

I've made a little progress on being able to keep the Guru.  Right now I would say that it's 50/50.

I'm surprised by how sore I am after yesterday's short run.  My heel hurts worse than at any time during IM training.  My body is strange.

The little one was up a good portion of the night throwing up so a lack of sleep kept me from going to the pool this morning.  I may get on the trainer this evening.

Plan for the rest of the week:
Th - Morning ride - Probably Roswell 25 mile route
F - Base Run 1:00
Sa - Swim somewhere
Su - Base Bike 2:00-3:00

Run
  • 38m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

Yes, that's a sliver of yellow on my graph! 

I ran a route that I've run before with the Garmin so I know that it's 4 miles.  The time is estimated by looking at the gym's wall clock before and after the run.  It was more difficult than I expected but when I got back I realized that I had been running too fast.

It turns out that my mother's sheltie has conceived and is due at the end of January.  She wanted to tell the girls herself when she gets here tomorrow.  I told my wife to appreciate the lack of dog hair in the house while she can.  I grew up with a sheltie and it shed like crazy.  Timber was a great dog though.

Nice bright sunny day today.  I took the girls to school this morning so no morning run.  I'll try to do it at lunchtime.

My BP is higher this morning than it has been recently.  Strange but still not too high

zaichikmiller's Training Log

December 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance