Run
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 5.90 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m

If you are bored you can go over to the log of my co-worker, Justin, who I harangued into joining BT and getting into triathlons.  He did Emerald Pointe last year and is going to do Chattanooga.  His screen name is jcb759 and he is at the bottom of my friends list on the left.

I did my base run this morning using the old, and hilly, route through the Park and Morningside.  The foot doctor told me to avoid hills because they would aggrevate my heel.  He was right.  No more hills from now on.  I am pretty happy with my pace for a base run though.  I was hurting but almost a minute faster per mile than my previous run on this route.

I'm pretty tired and achy this morning.  Mostly in my legs but my upper body feels kind of tired too.

Bike
  • 1h 30m 02s
  • 27.07 miles
  • 18.04 Mi/hr

Endurance bike on SCT
Target HR: 131-159

Swim
  • 25m 50s
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 02m 09s /100 yards

I am desperately trying to avoid partaking in the monthly finance organization birthday cake.  The cake is always delicious and I have never been able to stop at one slice.  I am attempting to avoid attending the festivities altogether. 

Swim at Dynamo:
WU - 300 mixed  (6:41)
MS - 300 swim  (5:04)
        200 swim faster pace than 300  (3:24) - nope!
        100 swim faster pace than 200  (1:29) - yep!
CD - 300 easy swim  (6:12) 

It was a great morning to ride the SCT.  I started at 6:13 and I saw 8 runners and 3 bikers.  The weather was great and I felt good.  My knee was complaining a little by the end of the ride, especially when getting off the bike, but otherwise the ride went well.  Now I get to do a fun-looking swim at lunchtime.

Natalie's dress rehearsal for her dance recital is tonight.  I bought a new video camera on Saturday so I'm ready to go!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Easy ride with Anna

Run
  • 45m 11s
  • 4.64 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

Steady run at RAP

My wife actually wanted to ride bikes today so I had to jump at the chance.  I'll do my Endurance bike tomorrow morning. 

Today's run was a little tougher than yesterday's and I was barely able to keep my HR in my SR range. My IT band bothered me and my heel hurt when going up hills. One time, on the short hill up from the lake by the parking lot, I got a sharp pain in my left knee that almost caused me to fall. It has been aching a bit for the past few days when I lie down so maybe it's related.

Now I get to do an endurance bike. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a Roswell ride or go to the SCT.

CALORIES:  2312

This week's plan:
M - Steady Run :45, Endurance bike 1:30
T - Swim ~1300
W - Base Run 1:00, Core or Yoga
Th - Swim 1100, Bike Cruise Intervals 1:00
F - Soft Surface Run :45, Core or Yoga
Sa - Off
Su - West GA 100 - 66 mile option + 15 min run

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.38 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Steady Run at Riverside Dr

Today's HR range was 161-174. My legs were tired enough that I could barely keep it above 160. Just when I think I'm back I get reminded that I still have a long way to go.

CALORIES:  2815

Bike
  • 1h 46m 51s
  • 32.05 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Base bike on SCT

Rode from Floyd to Tara Drummond with Brett. He went on and I turned back. The high HR was on O'Rear's favorite bridge. I think the fast pace was mainly due to yesterday being a day off.

Now it's off to an ice cream social at the swimming pool with the girls so mommy can take a nap.

CALORIES:  2415  -  I resisted the ice cream 

I've got a question: If there is free food at the office and you don't get some, what happens to you? Does it hurt? Do you get sick? Fired? It's never happened to me so I don't know.

The last day of school. The kids were practically vibrating with excitement this morning at the bus stop. The stay-at-home moms (and dad) in the neighborhood were not so excited.

Note to self: Before playing with your girls in the pool, make sure that their fingernails are trimmed. Otherwise you will get painful scratches from over-exuberant kids.

CALORIES: 2288

Bike
  • 1h 00m 21s
  • 16.80 miles
  • 16.70 Mi/hr

Z1/Z2 bike

Run
  • 15m 01s
  • 1.62 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

Base brick

Swim
  • 27m
  • 1300.00 yards
  • 02m 05s /100 yards

Swim at Dynamo

This whole "efficiency" thing really makes a difference in swimming. I did the 3x100s almost all out and was really thrashing around. For the first 2 100s of the cooldown I concentrated on being very smooth and stretching out the stroke. I also only breathed every 4 strokes. The result? Two 1:40s at a pace I felt that I could keep up for a long time. Hmm. I think I may be onto something....

Swim at Dynamo:
WU 350 swim
50 kick
MS 3x100 (1:31,1:40:1:42)
3x100 (1:38,1:42,1:44)
CD 300 swim (5:40)

Last night Dr Nik said that the IT band pain I was getting while kicking was due to me being too much of a "knee-kicker". It causes the IT band to rub the bones around the knee and cause irritation, especially if I have already worked out earlier in the day (and therefore have irritated the IT band already). He said that I really need to work on kicking from the hips and limit kicking on days that I have done a morning workout. Apparently kicking with fins will help me be less of a knee-kicker so I'm going to try that. It appears that I will actually get to swim today. I feel really tired, probably from ramping my training back up, but I have an off day tomorrow.

I was pretty happy with the brick this morning. My HR on the bike was just right and I'm pretty happy with the pace on my fatigued legs. I am very happy with the pace on the run.

CALORIES:  2486 

zaichikmiller's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance