Swim
  • 11m 31s
  • 656.00 yards
  • 01m 46s /100 yards

Meh - okay swim. I think I was 1st in my AG on the swim, but I'd still like to be faster in the open water.

T1 - 1:25

Bike
  • 34m 25s
  • 11.20 miles
  • 19.53 Mi/hr

Dropped my chain about 4 miles in - lost about a minute . Still happy about the bike - nice and quick. Time off Garmin is 33:30, and it stopped when I did to fix the chain, so looks like about a 55 second loss to the chain.

Garmin said 11.35 miles

T2 - 1:03

Run
  • 24m 25s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 07m 53s /Mi

Garmin had the run at 3 miles = 8:12 pace.

Hilly course - that was really the best I could do with it. I look forward to breaking sub 8's sometime very soon.

Total Time - 1:12:51
3rd in 30-34 age group. Nice welcome to the new age group :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6
  • RACE DAY: Tri the Parks - John Tanner State Park
Strength
  • 10m

Glute med exercises

Bleh - the weather totally screwed up Sam's flight last night.  He flew home from Dallas but they had to stop in Birmingham to refuel because they had circled for so long when they got to Atlanta and couldn't land.  He didn't get home until midnight, which means I was not in bed until then.  I'm already turning into my mother - she could never sleep before all of us were in bed.  So needless to say, no Masters this morning.  I suppose it will still be there next week...

Little run and little bike today - will try to get out of work at a reasonable hour to do it.  Trying to fit all this in now makes me wonder if I really could train for an Ironman.  I think if I had a standard 40 hour a week job it might be possible, but it's really hard to find time for everything right now.  I guess it's all a matter of will in the end.

And on a positive note, while I still feel pretty tired and don't think I slept enough this week to recover from the race last weekend, I am looking forward to racing tomorrow with everyone.  Looks like we'll have a huge group there and, if nothing else, I'm going to have a good time!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7

Hard to believe it's almost time to race again!  I decided to take the PTC race off my schedule next month.  We're going out of town 2 weekends in May and I want to do the Possum Trot, so that's it for me that month.  I am putting West Point and Indian Springs on the list - will either do one or both of those. 

Thinking about going to Masters tomorrow - really want to work on the bilateral breathing thing.  I guess that will be my focus for May.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.75
Bike
  • 1h 05m 05s
  • 18.02 miles
  • 16.61 Mi/hr

Bike: W/U - 15 min.
4 x 15 sec. pick-ups with 10 seconds recovery
2 min. easy

Main Set:
2 x 10:00 time trial (pretty much Z4) 5:00 recovery spin between

3 x 2:00 min pick-ups with :15 sec. rest

C/D - 10:00

Sport #1
  • Chiropractic
  • 25m

Dr. Nik said the left IT band feels pretty good. Hope that is all I need for it now.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Dr. Nik said the left IT band feels pretty good. Hope that is all I need for it now.

I spent an hour last night looking for my stupid band that I use for my strength exercises.  I took it to Charleston and knew that I saw it when we got home but I just couldn't put my finger on where I left it.  I finally gave up at 11:15 and just used the other band that I have that is harder.  I woke up this morning and went to move a magazine off the kitchen table and sure enough - there was the green band I was looking for.  Grrrrr......

Going to see Dr. Nik today for a beat down on the left IT band.  The last time I was there Dr. Sadri suggested that maybe I should work the orthotics into my running instead of just switching over, which was the recommendation from Jim.  The Mizunos that I was wearing pre-orthotics are pretty beat down, so I went to get another pair the other day so that I could gradually work the orthotics in.  I went to West Stride, which is a newish running store on Paces Ferry, and they put me on the treadmill in a neutral shoe and said I'm not pronating.  I was in a Mizuno Wave Inspire (stability shoe) with the Superfeet that Dr. Peebles gave me.  The guy at the running store said that you could tell this was too much for me - I have wear patterns on the oustide of my old shoes.  I still can't believe how many times I've been through this - one person says I pronate, get a stability shoe.  Next guy said no pronation, neutral shoe.  Next guy said pronate, stability.  And now they say no pronation, neutral.  The good news is that I have the orthotics and so with a neutral shoe, they should take care of everything, but I'm not sure how to transition into them now.  I'll ask Dr. Nik today.

Bike tonight after work.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 45m 02s
  • 4.80 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

WU - 10:00
MS - 2x10:00 Z3 (8:30 pace), 2:00 RI
CD - 13:00

Strength
  • 10m

Glute med exercises