• 08m 20s /Mi
Swim
  • 10m 57s
  • 500.00 yards
  • 02m 11s /100 yards
Sport
  • Race Volunteering
  • 1h 30m

1:32:14 overall time.  I'll have to wait till the results are posted as I am incapable of using my garmin without some sort of snafu!  Great time, great event.

Now back to Geneva to serve water to the pro's!

Interesting watching the pro's.  It actually takes me more time to think about transition than it does them to do it.  I learned a lot watching them.

I raced today in the novice wave and finished 3rd amongst the males in this group.  Thats cool I guess.  I don't know the breakdown of males vs. females, but there were about 75 in this wave.

Rest day and day off from work!  Took the day  to spend with out of town friends that were to fly in on their way back to Nashville from NJ.  Unfortunately they had trouble getting to NJ and it would have been expensive to buy a one way from Nashville last minute.  That and they made it to Charlotte before flying back to Nashville and as of this morning, they still hadn't found their luggage.  This happened Wednesday!

Anyway, going to relax some, catch up on some household chores some and get ready for tomorrow's race.

TGIF!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 36m 54s
  • 9.79 miles
  • 15.92 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 45m 15s
  • 1797.90 yards
  • 02m 31s /100 yards

First morning OWS.  Kam32, Dexter, and mikehall were there.  The swim went fairly well, choppier than tuesday, but not too bad.  Sighting was the bigger issue this morning.  I seemed to want to stray some, but it got better as the morning went along.

Easy bike ride after work.  It appears I have a slow leak in the front tire now.  I'll change that tube out tomorrow.  Other than that, everything else worked fine. 

I'm off tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 29m 02s
  • 3.34 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Mile 1 - 8:49 Min/Mile
Mile 2 - 8:36
Mile 3 - 8:45
Mile .34 - 8:30

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • BACK - Reverse crunches
Sport #1
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Cool down

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 08m

Cool down

The legs were a little stiff this morning.  I only have a 30 minute run on the schedule so I decided to defer that till after work and focus on stretching and relaxing a little this morning. I added in a little ab work as well.

I need to check the original tri plan as I eliminated the run portion of that and overlayed the marathon plan.  I think the 30 minute run today is fine, but I'm not sure the hour run tomorrow is a good idea.  The marathon plan thinks I'm still 3 months from the race so I may need to cut that back some.  I'll look.

A rain storm blew threw this afternoon and cooled things nicely.  Nice night for a run and I was pleased with the pace and consistancy.  The HR stayed in control as well.  Legs still a little stiff, but manageable.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 00m 22s
  • 6.14 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

Mile 1 - 9.03
Mile 2 - 9.22
Mile 3 - 10.14
Mile 4 - 10.28
Mile 5 - 10.35
Mile 6 - 9.21

Swim
  • 37m 49s
  • 1708.22 yards
  • 02m 13s /100 yards
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

It was kind of a funny run this morning.  Started out somewhat slow down the hill to the lake and then fell into a terrible pace.  My hamstring wasn't sore, but had what felt like a low grade charley horse.  Just kind of felt like I was scuffling along.  About a mile and a half from home, 2 runners came off one of the side roads about 50 yards apart and a couple hundred yards ahead of me.  So I used them as a target to ramp up the pace up the last hill to try and kick the run up a notch.  I caught them both, which was nice and turned a mediocre run into a half way decent one.  Finished strong anyways.   I really need to focus on training with a purpose more.

Swimming tonight, get to try the wetsuit out for the first time.  Of course its going to be 95 today so it will probably be a little warm, but I need to get used to it.

First night with the wet suit.  In some ways easier, in others harder.  Dexter helped with the stroke so maybe I can get away from slapping the snot out of the water.  Some improvement, still a ways to go.  I guess the most challenging thing was getting used to the wetsuit constricting the chest.  Not too bad, but differant. 

Thanks for the help Dexter!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 35m
  • 8.56 miles
  • 14.67 Mi/hr
Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • BACK - Reverse crunches
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

A little stiff this morning, but not too bad.  Going to take it easy this morning with some stretching and maybe a little core work.  According to the plan, todays run is optional or cross train.  I have a scheduled bike ride so that will be the cross training.  I'll ride tonight.  I was supposed to fly to Charlotte this morning, but about 9 last night, the people I was meeting with postponed.

Thanks for everyones kind comments on the article in the paper yesterday.  I was for the most part, pleased with the way it came out.  I was disappointed that they didn't mention BT.  We discussed it during the interview in detail as a great tool for beginners that still serves the needs of experienced triathletes.

On a sad note, I heard on the news that one of the down runners at yesterdays race passed away.  Its too bad to be doing something that is healthy and have it end like that.

Did the bike on the trainer in the garage to avoid climbing much in the heat.  Spun out the soreness in the legs.  It was still hot, but bearable.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 1h 31m 29s
  • 9.32 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

Up and heading to Utica.  Maybe we should have stayed there, this is early, even for me.

I'm back, the race was a good time.  RR is done!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4

kenj's Training Log

July 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals