• 1h 22m 53s
  • 4220.00 yards
  • 01m 58s /100 yards

Better than I had hoped for!

Bike
  • 6h 57m
  • 112.00 miles
  • 16.12 Mi/hr

I am happy with this under the circumstances! Could not take advantage of the long downhills with the nervous riders in the rain. Plus the rain drops started to hurt!

Run
  • 5h 24m 21s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 12m 23s /Mi

First lap was ok, 2nd lap the wheels kind of fell off. Lack of long runs due to the achilles problem in June showed up here. Achilles felt fine, but rest of the legs were hurtin!

I was thinking I should log this as a 140.6 mile swim.  The swim was the driest part of the day! The rain definately had an impact on the bike and to a certain extent on the run.  But at least there was very little wind and no temperature extremes :) !  I'll get into more detail in a few days after this all settles in and I have a better internet connection.

Thanks to all of you for your support!  I was thinking of you out there!

Swim
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----
Bike
  • 15m
  • -----
  • -----

Quick swim this morning testing out the new goggles.  I like them, I feel I can see better, but still messing a bit with the adjustment.  Test ride the bike, just to make sure of no issues! 

I did a quick session with the ART guys as well.  He fixed pains I didn't know I had :) !  Seriously, I have trouble adjusting to strange beds and the lower back is always the issue.  I was hoping after a couple of nights it would improve.  He also spent some quality time loosening up the hammies :) !

Thanks for all the well wishes and positive messages!  I appreciate it and will use it tomorrow!

Oh, and sshhhh, don't tell anyone, but I picked up a voucher for next years race! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9

Rest day today!!  Slept for 10 hours last night! WOW!!! :)

I'm going down to the swim and take some pictures and hopefully meet some more BT folks.  Then spend a couple of bucks at the expo and maybe a massage :) !

Connie noticed that me and the East German women are the only ones with hair on our legs.  Subsequently she has hidden all the razors :( !

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 10 Overall Workout: 4
  • RACE DAY: Hit the Trails XC Classic
Swim
  • 40m 24s
  • 2120.00 yards
  • 01m 55s /100 yards
Bike
  • 46m 39s
  • 13.21 miles
  • 16.99 Mi/hr

One lap of Mirror Lake.  Looking from the beach it looks like a long ways from beginning to the turn around.  Very happy with my time this morning as I really didn't push that hard and was expecting 50 minutes when I hit the beach.  Hit the split button half way and was within 23 seconds coming back.  Real happy with that!

I'm going to ride the run course now and then check out the expo and other events.  This thing really takes over this town!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4
Run
  • 29m 49s
  • 3.13 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

Nice easy run this morning. I ran it without garmin or ipod, just the timex to time it. Everything felt great! Now it is time to go! :)

10:45am - All packed and heading out! I think the place we are staying has internet access so hopefully I can stay in touch!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • -----
Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretched out good this morning. Decided to get 8 hours sleep every night the rest of this week rather than get up early for a workout.

Today is the first time I have really had an overwhelming amount of nervous energy! I don't know if it is because today is the last work day and we are heading up tomorrow or the fact that I have had a workout plan in the column to the left since Thanksgiving and now there are only 4 days left of workouts. I'm going to drive Connie nuts the next few days! :)

Nice and easy swim work out. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 43m 51s
  • 4.77 miles
  • 09m 11s /Mi
Strength
  • 20m

Core and stretching.

I did some core work and a good stretch before heading out for a run around the neighborhood. It was a perfect morning for running! Nice and cool.  I'm pretty happy with the pace at the average hr!  Maybe there is hope for me yet in the run next week despite the drop off in running due to the achilles issue!

2 days of work this week and then off to Lake Placid Wednesday!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

kenj's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals