• 6h 06m 05s
  • 111.71 miles
  • 18.31 Mi/hr
Run
  • 4h 38m 51s
  • 26.47 miles
  • 10m 32s /Mi

Up early, got something to do today!  

More details in a day or two, but despite having some areas where I had hoped to do better, how can I be disappointed with an hour and 20 some minute PR? Plus, despite some slow miles the second half, I ran the whole marathon other than a couple of times through aid stations.

Thanks to everyone that inspired, followed on line and encouraged me leading up to the race, know this community and my friends watch helps keep me moving when the mind wants to stop!!

Bike
  • 25m
  • 6.50 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr
Swim
  • 15m
  • 700.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Did a little swim to see if I was better off with the clear goggles I wore yesterday or the tinted ones.  I think with the sunshine I will go with the tinted ones.  With any luck the gulf will calm down tomorrow, 4 - 6 foot swells brought on a minor case of sea sickness.  Plus I would go up thinking I was alone and come down into a group of people I had no idea was there.   That could get trickier with a few more people tomorrow.  Not too worried, just may have to adjust goal time for the swim if it doesn't settle.  Other than having to take a little more time in T1 to dress a little warmer at this point it looks like only temperature will be the issue for the bike.  A little wind, but it shouldn't be an issue.  The good news is it should be a great day for a run!

One last shake down cruise on the bike before checking it and the t bags in then hopefully a nap!  My parents got here last night, my in laws should be here after lunch and Connie's friend flies in this afternoon too. 

Flat tire on the ride! Grrr!  Got it changed and should be ok. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 33m 01s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 04s /100 yards
Run
  • 36m 21s
  • 4.16 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

This run felt real good!!

Met up with the BT crew for a swim this morning.  Didn't go all the way out.  The gulf was choppy this morning, but it seemed easier going out into the chop than coming back in.

Going to have to regroup on the nutrition at the start Saturday.  Going to have to wait a bit to get into much more than water as the salt water stung the back of my throat more than I expected.  Otherwise, it was a good swim and nice to meet everyone!!

I think I have the plan together for what to wear Saturday for what the current forecast shows.  Probably the bigger challenge is going to be drying off enough to get the warmer clothes on.  Maybe I'll have some donuts delivered to T1 to enjoy while I dry off!

View of race headquarters from our condo balcony!

The bike in race trim!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

We made it safely into Panama City Beach.  Checked into the condo (sweet!!), did a little grocery shopping and registered for the race.  Spent a few bucks at the expo too.

Our flight last night was terribly rough most of the way across.  So no sleep for me.  Thought about going for a short run this afternoon but with the lousy weather and lack of sleep decided to just lay low.  Hopefully going to do a lap in the gulf in the morning.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 14m 34s
  • 20.04 miles
  • 16.13 Mi/hr

One last ride before boxing up the bike for the trip.  Took an easy ride on a hillier course.

Still have some packing to do, but most everything is layed out and ready to be packed.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 1h 16m 37s
  • 3600.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

Last pool swim for this training plan! Yippy!! 

5 days!!  55 days till Christmas!

It is supposed to be a low of 38 degrees Saturday in Panama City! WTF!!

I guess it is time to start thinking about race goals.  So I will throw this out there:

Swim: 1:20:00 - 1:24:00
T - 1: 5:00
Bike: 6:00:00 - 6:10:00
T - 2: 5:00
Run: 4:10:00 - 4:20:00

I know I have a sub 4 marathon in these legs right now stand alone, the question is how close I can get after a little swimming and biking. Wink  Of course we'll have to see what the weather brings plus all the other variables.  Breaking 12 hours will be great if all the pieces fall in place.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3
Run
  • 1h 54m 47s
  • 12.10 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

Difficult morning for a run, cool and foggy to start in the 40's, finished in sunshine and 60's.  Needless to say the last couple were done a little slowly.  I think I may need to back off a little more than the schedule has for the week.  I need to take a closer look at the schedule but I think there needs to be a bit more rest.

6 days! Time to start packing!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10 Overall Workout: 3

kenj's Training Log

November 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals