Bike
  • 32m 15s
  • 10.50 miles
  • 19.53 Mi/hr

Just a short little ride to stay loos and ready to race.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Bike
  • 41m 34s
  • 13.50 miles
  • 19.49 Mi/hr

Short, intense ride. Windy today. Hip was ok.

Back/ hip is feeling pretty good today. Still not going to run. More ice/ heat and ibuprofen. Short and intense ride on the schedule for today.

• Health data: Sick: 1

Today I think the pain could be mor from my back.... damn it. Who knows. All I know is that running certainly aggravates it. Swimming and riding will be the staples this week. Total rest again today.

Ok, so the last couple of days I have had this pain that "seems" to radiate from my left hip. I wasn't quite sure if it was back related or in fact my hip.

A couple of hours after my brick on Friday it was quite painful and Saturday it was real bad. Ice and ibuprofen make it better. My best guess is tendonitis in my hip. Not good. I HAVE GOT TO GET NEW SHOES! I am sure that it is being caused by my shoes that are severely broken down.

I most likely will not run at all this week and just lay it out there on Sunday and see how I feel. I hope this isn't the end of my fall marathon aspirations.

Swim
  • 32m 15s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 09s /100 yards

Easy OWS swim at Post Falls.

• Health data: Sick: 3
Bike
  • 1h 17m 22s
  • 25.30 miles
  • 19.62 Mi/hr

Race rehearsal ride. Working on Olympic distance pacing to RACE and not "just finish". Based on the transition run I could have pushed the ride a little harder in the first half. I was pretty much hammering the second half.

Todays ride is very similar to the course next weekend.

Run
  • 24m 17s
  • 3.02 miles
  • 08m 05s /Mi

Felt great off the bike. Just over 1 minute in transition. Purposely kept this reigned in a little bit. Plan on close to LT on race day.

Super happy with how today's race rehearsal went. This will be my first real attempt at "racing" and not "just finishing". I have had goals before but number one was always make it to the finish line. This time the goal is to crush my only other Oly.

I know it will never happen if I haven't seen the numbers in training. Today I saw them.

idahodan's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance