Partly cloudy High 50FLow 36F
  • Temp: 39F
  • Hum: 62%
  • W: 4mph W
Partly cloudy
High 54F
Low 34F
Partly cloudy
High 61F
Low 38F
Partly cloudy
High 61F
Low 43F
Light rain
High 56F
Low 47F
  • 36m 01s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

2x900 (18:01, 18:00)

9:00pm - After dinner, lap swimming at the "Y".

What a streak - four yellow days in a row!  Wow, am I going to pay next weekend!


Today I did the dumbest thing I've done in a while, and for some strange reason I feel compelled to share it with all of you who waste your time Wink reading my blog.

Tonight when I got off the commuter rail train in Framingham, I walked over to the parking lot where I park (as is my typical routine) and discovered that my car was not there.  After a moment of panic, I remembered that I had driven into work (in Boston) this morning after a dentist appointment.  So, I had to call my wife to come pick me up and bring me back home, and I'll have a friend pick me up in the morning on his way to the train station.

Since my wife had to come get me we ate dinner late, and by the time she got back from her post-dinner run I was asleep on the couch so I did not get my swimming in.  I'm getting really frustrated with myself for missing so many workouts over the last month or so, and I'm sure that I'll pay the price next weekend at Cranberry.  Frown

Unplanned rest day.  I did not get up in time to squeeze in a run before work, and since I had to work late I was exhausted by the time my wife got back from her run and went to bed early.

On a positive note, I took another look at my goals for next year, and so far they're shaping up as:

  • Jan-Dec - Year-Rounder Challenge (a century ride every month for a year) 
  • February - Hyannis Half Marathon
  • June - Mooseman Olympic
  • August - Timberman 70.3
Today we packed up and drove back home from NY.  With several stops (breakfast, lunch, gas, etc.) and hitting construction along the way it took us nearly 7 hours.  After dinner I started unpacking some of my gear, then went to bed early.
  • Walking
  • 20m
Today we spent the entire day at the track.  We headed over in the morning to stake out good seats to watch the race, then after the race we stayed behind and had dinner there so we would not have to deal with the heavy traffic right after the race.  When we got back to the campground, it was raining steadily, so we sat under the canopy for a while, then I went to bed.

  • 2h 09m 59s
  • 34.92 miles
  • 16.12 Mi/hr
9:00am - This morning I did an out-and-back route along Seneca Lake before we headed over to the track.  I forgot my sunglasses, but that did not prove to be an issue until just before I got back to the campground.  I was coming down a long, downhill section at about 35 mph when my eyes started watering.  Just ahead, I noticed what I thought was a small rock in the road.  I tried to veer away from it, but I clipped the edge of it instead.  It shot up and hit me in the foot, at which point I realized that it was a lug nut from a car wheel.  Wow, did that hurt!  :(

scott's Training Log

 August 2007 
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31